Our client, a Medical Device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site.
Purpose of position:
To Support the Area Owner in the day to day running and control of the CT2/CM production area & to support transfer of product from development to production.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the opening of work orders in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all work order paperwork and material is ready for PAOs on commencing an order.
- Responsible for the confirmation of orders in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all work is being carried out in compliance with company SOP's and WI's.
- Responsible for ensuring that all department training requirements are met & all training records are fully up to date & filed in a timely manner & to FDA standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all PAO's are present and working at their assigned work stations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all workstations are achieving set hourly targets. Where targets are not being met take the appropriate action to resolve, highlight or escalate the reason for the poor performance.
- Make the Area Owner aware of any issues that may impact on the department's performance.
- Present production outputs at the daily huddle meeting in the absence of the area Supervisor.
- Provide holiday cover to the Area Owner in his/her absence.
- Works with management to ensure adequate cross training on line in order to ensure holidays, absenteeism etc. is covered & there is sufficient flexibility in the department.
- Review all procedures & training plans for accuracy & where necessary, rewrites to reflect accurately current practice.
- Drive NCMR resolution, support NCMR investigation and completion.
- Conduct weekly stock take on materials & ensure material required from extrusion is ordered on time bearing in mind lead times on extrusion parts required. Ensures all stocks are sufficient for production.
- Ensure excellent Good Manufacturing Practices & adherence to relative areas of compliance and Health and Safety.
- Ensures management is made aware (if not already) of any employee issues.
- Ensure actions are carried out so housekeeping targets are met.
- Ensure trackers are completed each shift.
- Ensure timesheets are checked weekly for accuracy to achieve costing targets.
- If required carry out manual operations as per relevant SOP's to produce products, which meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Responsible for fostering and developing lean practices in the CT2 area: Contribute and drive Value Stream Mapping, understanding of 8 wastes of lean, drive 5S adherence, use lean problem solving tools in a structured fashion, 5WHY, Ishikawa diagrams and other lean tools as and when applicable.
- Responsible for training of operators (in coordination with the development team) on new processes as they transfer to production. Responsible for SOP updates that will be required as processes reach production volumes.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Area Owner Manufacturing Engineer.
- A primary degree or equivalent in manufacturing, management, human resources or related disciplines would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ISO standards would be an advantage.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- An effective decision maker.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Roscommon please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / Jmullery@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval