ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Production Supervisor will lead and motivate production operators and team leaders to achieve production KPI's
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews
- Monitor and improve line capacity to meet business needs.
- Liaise with and collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure that the product is being produced at acceptable levels of quality. Suggest improvements for quality where appropriate
- Ensure Team Leaders and Production operators are trained in manufacturing procedures and produce training plans for same
- Review production operations; identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods through the use of Continuous Improvement processes (e.g. Kiazen, Lean, SMED, 6 Sigma
- Implement team meetings and ensure all staff understand their goals and objectives and how they relate to the broader Groups objectives
- Manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures
- Develops work schedules for department by assessing priorities, workload and available resources. Work with management to ensure correct staffing levels are available to meet business needs
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential
- Maintains personnel records for all staff (e.g., work schedules, holiday schedules, training files) and ensure TMS reflects current working hours and entitlements
- Experience of operating high-speed blister packing lines in cGMP environment is desirable although experience of operating technical equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing industry is essential.
- 3rd level qualification in Science/ Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in a team lead/ supervisor/management role
- 10+ years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferably with some experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Driver of GMP with a focus on "Right First Time"
- Good communication, leadership and people management skills.
- Takes a methodical, systematic and structured approach to organising work
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with others, building team rapport and creating a cohesive team environment
- Ability to prioritize and make effective and consistent decisions in a timely manner
- Displays flexibility, willingness to succeed and goes the extra mile.
For further information on this Database Developer role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval