Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit an Production Supervisor for their site.
- Environmental Health & Safety of manufacturing personnel, ensuring that all employees are adequately trained, aware of, and complying with EHS procedures.
- Day to day management and technical direction to a team of up to 30 personnel.
- Lead and give support, advice and technical direction to a Business unit team which will support manufacturing operations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, production flow, floor layout, process yields, and product quality.
- Participates in process/product troubleshooting in order to correct/maintain desirable product outs/yields.
- Understands and deploys the use of Lean Manufacturing (5S) and Process Excellence (Six Sigma) methods.
- Works with the technical team to coordinate equipment repair to ensure the least amount of downtime of production lines.
- Understands and uses data, key metrics and statistical information to improve process (SPC).
- Engages and participates on delivery of all the manufacturing KPI's.
- Manage employee Core Time and Attendance System.
- Ensures that Quality standards are achieved and maintained in the manufacturing areas.
- Responsible for the maintaining of all Quality and Production related Documentation.
- Expedites production, maximising efficiencies in all areas including support functions and meeting KPI's.
- Provide direction and support to the manufacturing team members and support functions to your area.
- Whilst strongly encouraging and supporting high performance from team members you must deal effectively with poor performance.
- Communicate & keep team updated on all matters relevant to the manufacturing area in a timely and appropriate means.
- Ensure that training happens according to the process instructions and that skill versatility targets are met and maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining training records to the required standards for all internal and external auditing including ISO 13485 and FDA.
- Ensure that the monthly build schedule is met and disposition all material for work orders on Oracle
- Provide production plan updating for daily production meetings.
- Ensure that employees are aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures across all shift patterns.
- Maximise efficiencies and performance across all manufacturing areas. Conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Liaise with the Warehouse and Distribution to ensure material is transacted correctly and on time.
- Materials must be effectively managed and accounted for using the MRP system
- Establish and encourage a strong teamwork culture within the manufacturing area.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross-divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Will abide to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies and any relevant other EHS documentation.
- Will comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of CGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Third Level Qualification in relevant discipline and certification in supervisory management course.
- Eight – Ten (8-10) years supervisory/people management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience preferably in medical device field.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of MRP.
- High level of PC skills required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Westmeath please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.