Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Business Need in terms of Quality – Service - Costs
- Supports the Associate Director Manufacturing in implementing the Manufacturing Strategy for the site
- Ensures compliance with all company quality policies including compliance, and closing on time any CAPA’s that are assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all company H & S policies and is responsible for all H &S issues on the shift
- Ensures manufacturing-volume requirements are met, On Time in Full with the correct schedule mix.
- Ensures delivery plan is met to agreed standard costs and staffs shifts accordingly.
- Record and update all relevant metrics and report on any variances of same.
- Leads problem-solving initiatives and takes an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to reducing waste across the business
- Effectively manages employee performance, including coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring employee’s under their control and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
- Organizes supports and manages the training of people under their control to achieve optimum cross training versatility and flexibility while maintaining all H & S requirements.
- Effectively communicates issues across the shifts to other TL to ensure and effective handover to meet the business needs.
- Communicates /supports manufacturing / corporate objectives and provides direction on how employees contribute to the achievement of objectives through effective communications / cascade.
- Any other duties as assigned to meet or exceed the business needs.
Education/ Experience Requirements –
- 3-5 years People Management experience in a similar role with a large team of direct reports
- 3-5 years’ experience in a highly regulated environment (preferably Clean Room)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven ability to deliver results in a cross function team based environment
- Proven experience and knowledge of process improvements with the use of lean tools
- 3rd Level degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science
- Previous experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of new product introductions and product ramp.
- Proven ability of leadership within a change management environment.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.