Our client, a medical device company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of all production operators.
- Coordination of functions (Operation, Quality, Scheduling and logistics) to ensure that work is started and completed on scheduled to meet customer demand.
- Overseeing a strong focus on Health and safety across shifts.
- Overall responsibility for production and quality across shifts, including Moulding and Subassemblies.
- Ensuring targets are met as set out by the departmental managers including safety, production, delivery, cost and quality targets.
- Ensuring compliance to standards and customer requirements, i.e. ISO 9001 and TS 16949, ISO 13485
- General housekeeping.
- Training of direct reports.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the all direct reports are using safe operating methods.
- Ensure that direct report know what to do in an emergency (evacuation, emergency stop on machines etc.).
- Ensure operators are instructed in the safe use of ancillary equipment (i.e. air hoses, knives, jigs & fixtures etc.).
- Ensure operators wear any relevant Personnel Protection Equipment PPE, as required.
- Report all potential hazards and accidents as per required procedures.
- Maintain safety log.
- Root cause and implement solutions for identified safety issues.
- Perform safety audits of area as required.
Manufacturing & Quality
- Overall responsibility for production operations and quality on shift.
- Ensuring targets are met as set out by the departmental managers.
- Daily monitoring & recording of output, efficiencies, scrap, machine downtime
- Ensure that direct reports are capturing required data from production processes, such as scrap, machine downtime and screen results.
- Monitoring of production by conducting regular quality checks/audits on production as required by quality check sheets
- Liaison with tool setters and other relevant personnel to eliminate process problems to reduce product defects and downtime.
- Daily monitoring for and escalation of any quality issues to the Quality Team.
- Participation in and ownership of NCs and CAPAs are required.
- Participation in production and quality projects
- Monitoring of Time and Attendance for all direct reports. Including breaks, absences, RTW meetings.
- Manage the allocation of work at across shifts, in coordination with Team Leads.
- Ensuring fair rotation of work where possible
- Effective communication will all other departments. Attend daily and weekly production meetings and other meetings as requested by the manager.
- Ensuring full compliance to relevant standards including ISO 13485, ISO 9001 and TS 16949,
- Understand the requirements relating to your position and ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring direct reports understand and comply with the requirements.
- Ensure all direct reports are adequately trained to the Quality Procedures.
Non-conforming product and complaints
- Ensuring non-conforming product and rework is minimised and root causes identified and resolved.
- Ensure rejected lots are quarantined and reworked based on prioritization Rejected lots are reworked within 24 hours of notification of rejection.
- All rejected lots in the rework area should be clearly labelled. (Product name and number, cause of rejection, quantity, shift and responsibility).
- A non-conforming report shall be initiated and responsibility for completion.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept free of excess product and materials – Develop and adhere to 5S standards, including setting and performing 5S audits of production facility.
- Floors are swept including under machines.
- Machine surfaces are kept clear of waste materials.
- Finished product, rework and regrind materials should be clearly segregated, labelled and stored carefully.
- All walkways, fire exits and fire points should be clear at all times.
- Canteen is kept clean and tidy
- Water and oil leaks should be informed immediately to the tool setter.
- Product in finished goods, QA and rework area are to be kept tidy
- Work areas are stored in an orderly fashion.
- Review the competencies of all direct reports and identify training needs.
- Address performance issues using informal coaching and guidance and where necessary the formal disciplinary procedure as per company policy.
- Ensure all direct reports are adequately trained to perform any task assigned to them.
- Train direct reports when necessary on any new or existing processes and ensure training is documented accurately.
- Complete performance reviews with direct report (including goals setting and tracking).
- Participate in any disciplinary proceedings involving production team members where required.
- Health and Safety - Ensure all employees have received adequate training and that the training records reflect this.
- Manufacturing and Quality - Ensure all employees have received appropriate training in each area and that they have been signed off on same. Ensure that the training records reflect this.
- Cross-training across different areas for all operators and ensure sign off on all. Ensure that the training records reflect this.
- Training on quality standards and ensure that the records reflect this.
Education & Experience Required:
- 3rd Level Qualification in relevant discipline and certification in supervisory management course.
- 8-10 years supervisory/people management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience preferably in medical device field.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of PC skills required.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong people management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in H&S Management within a production environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to influence change within the production team environment.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Clare please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.