Manufacturing Supervisors are directly involved in responsibility for a range of product cells within manufacturing. Achievement of the manufacturing goals must be accomplished through fostering & facilitating teamwork and empowerment.
- Responsible for managing performance, developing talent, engagement & inclusion, communicating business and operation developments, planning, prioritizing and or directing the responsibilities of their team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas
- Maintain acceptable level of quality by ensuring adherence to all quality specifications and procedures. Work closely with QA personnel in meeting quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain good work practices ensuring safety of all personnel.
- Provide effective training, clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviours effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities, and accurate, timely performance appraisals.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level qualification in business/engineering or a related field.
- Supervisory Development Programme is a requirement.
- Six Sigma or Lean certified.
- 5 years + experience in manufacturing or related function.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to quickly assemble and evaluate the facts needed to solve problems is critical.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Athlone please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.