Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site.
To lead the production line/area team in safely producing high quality products on time for the customer at the lowest cost. The Production Supervisor is expected to develop and maintain a feasible plan for hiring, training and management of personnel and to ensure quality issues, process and material flows are developed and operated efficiently. Through his or her leadership style, the Production Supervisor actively demonstrates and propagates the core values. He or she is a strong team player and demonstrates this through the integration of key goals with appropriate other functions (e.g. Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Finance, R&D, HR etc.).
- Produce high quality products, safely, on time for the customer at the lowest cost
- Manufacture products to the highest quality standards and ensure compliance to all policies and regulations
- Identify customer requirements to deliver the right products at the right time
- Be responsive & flexible to customer demands
- Achieve & exceed the product cost goals
- Lead and support new product development on the production line
- Lead the production line/area team in achieving a high engagement & high performance culture
- Promote safety, quality & compliance among the team while maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Enable a culture of Operational Excellence throughout the production line/area
- Ensure effective two way communication within the production line/area
- Manage, motivate, develop and involve product builders through coaching and performance management.
- Foster teamwork within the production line/area
- Embed the company values through demonstration & recognition of individual & team behaviours.
- Manage the production line/area and set team priorities accordingly
- Ensure all resources are in place to achieve production and non-commercial commitments; Product Builders, Equipment, Core Team, Line Support, Space, etc.
- Ensure product builder training is effective & efficient.
- Ensure appropriate flexibility & versatility in the production line/area
- Complete leader standard work to ensure line to standard or escalate appropriately
- Lead & create engagement around continuous improvement within the production line/area
- Achieve continuous improvement goals (safety, quality, service, cost, space, etc.) through the utilization of the Business Essentials & operational excellence techniques
- Benchmark and share best practices
- Production Line/Area Planning
- Analyse S&OP (Sales & Operating Plan) requirements and provide production commitments for the production line/area including non-commercial requirements
- Anticipate requirements and position resources to meet & exceed the customer needs
- Provide appropriate input into the long term planning of the production line/area.
- People: Versatility, Attendance, Skills Development, Attrition, Overtime, HR Corrective Actions, EOY Distribution curve, EOY Reviews (2/year)
- Safety: Near Misses, Ergo Rotation, First Aids, Recordable accidents
- Quality: Non Conformance Events / Preventive, Quality Incidents, Audit Adherence (Practice vs. Procedure)
- Service: Production Output, Committed Build Plan, Backorder, Service Level, Cycle time, Openings
- Cost: Efficiency, Scrap, Yield, Production Spend, Inventory, Gross Margin, Spending Control, Labor Variances, Overtime, Training (Versatility Matrix to support VSP/WCG), Equipment Availability
- New Products Excellence: New Products Commitments
- Maintain the Core five boards
Qualifications & Experience
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval