Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their site.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Process Assurance Operators working within a culture of continuous improvement to achieve the production schedule and deliver on key performance metrics
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver on the key performance metrics and strategic objectives for the relevant production area.
- Manage resources to deliver on the production and shipping schedules which effectively achieves output, sales and customer service targets
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages and documentation are accurately reviewed in addition to time sheets and material reconciliations and are completed in a timely and accurate manner as specified in the quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross- functional relationships
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused team and work with other departments to develop, train and up skill the team.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering an approach to Continuous improvement /6 Sigma practices.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure actions, improvements and decisions emanating from these reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that products manufactured by the team meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Ensure that manufacturing equipment and processes are documented in accordance with the quality system.
- Support new product introductions and change procedures working in conjunction with QA and Technical Departments.
- Manage and ensure compliance to quality and safety systems within the manufacturing department
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner, which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, particularly housekeeping, GMP and safety.
- Actively promote and participate in work centre improvement groups, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods, conditions and communications.
- The Production Supervisor will have a science/technical or primary degree or equivalent in Polymer, manufacturing, Science / quality / mechanical engineering.
- A specialist course in production supervision or human resource management is preferable.
- Medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience is essential.
- Must have a good working knowledge of production and quality system requirements.
- S/he needs strong communication and influencing skills and be a decision maker
- S/he should have the ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- S/he should be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- Practical level-headed individual, who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the production management team.
- Rational thinker that can improvise should the need arise.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Roscommon please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval