- Supervision of production teams to ensure targets for Quality – Costs - Delivery – People are achieved.
- Ensures manufacturing-volume requirements are met, On Time in Full, within budget and with the correct schedule mix.
- Effectively manages employee performance, including coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring employee’s and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company objectives and performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
- Develop Operational plans in conjunction with the Business Unit Leader to ensure alignment with overall Site and Operations functions strategy.
- Leads problem-solving initiatives and takes an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to reducing waste across the business.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Ensures compliance with all company H & S policies and is responsible for all H &S issues on the shift
- Develop a training program to achieve optimum cross training versatility and flexibility while maintaining all H & S requirements.
- Administration duties which include updating metrics, Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
Education/ Experience Requirements –
- Minimum of a level 7 in a Bachelor of Science / Engineering or relevant qualification.
- 3/4 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Metrics and Continuous improvement experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven ability to deliver results in a cross function team based environment
- Proven experience and knowledge of process improvements with the use of lean tools
- Proven ability of leadership within a change management environment.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.