Production Supervisor – Galway
The Product Supervisor has overall responsibility for a Product Builder group in meeting its requirements in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Supply, Safety and People.
Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. This role is a continental shift.
Leads lean-manufacturing, productivity and quality- improvement initiatives and always looks for opportunities to reduce product-cost.
- Minimum of a level 7 in a Bachelor of Science / Engineering or relevant qualification.
- 3/4 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Metrics and Continuous improvement experience
- Proven experience and knowledge of process improvements with the use of lean tools
- Proven ability of leadership within a change management environment. •
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of production teams to ensure targets for Quality – Costs – Delivery – People are achieved.
- Ensures manufacturing-volume requirements are met, On Time in Full, within budget and with the correct schedule mix.
- Effectively manages employee performance, including coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring employee’s and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company objectives and performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
- Develop Operational plans in conjunction with the Business Unit Leader to ensure alignment with overall Site and Operations functions strategy.
- Leads problem-solving initiatives and takes an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to reducing waste across the business.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Ensures compliance with all company H & S policies and is responsible for all H &S issues on the shift
- Develop a training program to achieve optimum cross training versatility and flexibility while maintaining all H & S requirements.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 773 8651 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Manufacturing Engineer (Contract) Commutable from Limerick, Clare & Mayo Our client, a leading medical device company in Ireland, is currently…
Senior Industrial Engineer Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Senior Industrial Engineer to join their…
Quality Technician 12 month contract – Evening Shift Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to…