Production Team Leader
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Production Team Leader for their site.
The Production Team Leader's role is to deliver the right production volume output, to the right quality standards, in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Role & Responsibilities
- To provide effective leadership of Line Leads; Trainers, and Versatile Operators in the manufacture and assembly of Medical Devices in GMI.
- To schedule work for individual work stations and processes in line with the GMI manufacturing schedule.
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; recruitment and selection; training and development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, and timely completion of annual performance appraisals.
- To have a strong technical knowledge of medical device manufacturing technologies and processes.
- To monitor and maintain production KPI's showing actual line performance against standard, for work station throughput; yield, and schedule adherence.
- To account for variances through accurate reporting of downtime and defect analysis.
- To organize production teams effectively in providing appropriate capacity to meet Business demands from a commercial and non-commercial standpoint (new process transfers; process development/validations).
- To monitor and co-ordinate training and development to have in place a competent and versatile workforce.
- To ensure effective completion of corrective actions as part of the NCR/CAPA system
- To drive continuous improvement projects which will have a positive impact (cost reduction) on GMI operations.
- To take a proactive role in the implementation of Lean manufacturing systems and the application of six sigma problem solving methodology.
- To maintain systems accuracy through compliance with GMP procedures and practices.
- To maintain compliance with GMI Environment, Health & Safety management system.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Supervisory management and relevant Engineering qualification essential
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant manufacturing experience
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to liaise well with other departments.
- The successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude, with a proven track record in team leadership.
For further information on this a Production Team Leader role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval