Our client, a medical device company in Athlone are currently looking to recruit a Program Manager for their site.
The Program Manager (PMO) is essentially responsible for the provision and management of standardized systems, processes and templates for project execution and governance and regular reporting on project and portfolio performance to senior management. This involves tracking deadlines, deliverables, resources, timelines and performance data throughout the project life cycle. The Program Manager holds owners accountable for their commitments and will conduct project team meetings to provide status updates and identify and resolve issues. By managing the overall project execution and governance process, the Program Manager is able to advise senior management on the necessary adaption of plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery in accordance with plant and project goal commitments.
Projects will be in several categories, including the following: New Process / Equipment Introduction, Process Innovation and Automation, Product Transfers / Feature Enhancement, Material Change / Qualification, Process Optimisation, Continuous Improvement ( OPEX ) / Cost Reduction, Facilities, Maintenance and Energy, Compliance.
- Championing the principle of standardisation of systems and processes for managing and reporting on project performance;
- Build a common set of practices, principles and templates for managing projects;
- Consistently adhere to and champion the use of project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing ( PMBOK );
- Gathering of project data, production and analysis of data and presentation for management review;
- Track the status of all key projects based on updates from the project managers. Standardise the methods to compile and report this information to management e.g. using project dashboards;
- Provide guidance and advice for project leads in the development of a centre of excellence for project management in how the facility runs projects;
- Provision of formal training to emerging and project leads and those requiring further skill development;
- Managing and facilitating the portfolio management process;
- Assess new project proposals ensuring sufficient information has been provided to assess each project;
- Set up and maintain an up-to-date repository of projects underway and proposals pending review;
- Implement scoring and prioritisation models to aid the effective assessment of new project proposals;
- Advise manager on resource capacity planning and forecasting for current and new project proposals;
- Keep up to date on new developments and technologies in assigned disciplines;
- Monitor relevant Legislation as it affects assigned processes and projects and advise the Company accordingly.
- All projects shall be managed and driven in a proactive and responsible manner;
- Pursue the achievement of optimum performance on a continuous basis;
- Achieve all targets and standards as set by the management team;
- Support the Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Opex teams on all project activities as required;
- Be proactive in the development of oneself in the acquisition of higher levels of knowledge, skills and expertise;
- Ensure one?s goals, objectives and business activities are aligned with the business objectives of the company;
- Ensure excellent time-keeping and the effective use of time in planning and prioritising activities;
- Ensure the full understanding of and implementation of the company?s GMP and Environmental Health & Safety policies;
- Ensure the Health & Safety of oneself and others at all times and communicate potential hazards to the appropriate personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a minimum Bachelor?s Degree in a Science/Technology/Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent);
- Candidates must have a formal Project Management Certification ( PMP, IPMA Level C or equivalent );
- Significant relevant experience in Medtech is a definite advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years? work experience in project engineering and management ideally within Manufacturing or Engineering project management functions, preferably within the highly regulated Medtech sector;
- Proven experience in delivering multiple projects from conception through to completion;
- Strong understanding and experience of the PMBOK process or equivalent;
For further information on this Program Manager role in Athlone please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval