Telephone: 087 2197421
Principal Project Engineer - 18 Month Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Principal Project Engineer??????? for their site.
- Lead strategic projects and programs for the facility.
- Be responsible for the planning, management, execution and oversight of the facility’s strategic projects program, working closely with cross-functional project teams and departments. You will ensure the provision and management of efficient systems and mechanisms for project execution and governance and for intervention and problem solving with project and line managers and clients.
- Review the status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports.
- Monitor projects from initiation through to delivery and closeout.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Work closely with cross functional groups such as R&D, Engineering, Quality, Opex and Manufacturing team members to ensure projects are delivered within budget and schedule.
- By managing the overall project execution and governance process, you will advise senior management of the necessary adaptation of plans based on the evolving needs and conditions that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery in accordance with plant KPIs.
Key Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum Bachelor Degree level 8 in a Science/Technology/Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent).
- You possess a formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA Level C or equivalent).
- You have a minimum of 7+ years successful demonstrated experience in project engineering and/or program management ideally within Operations functions, preferably within the highly regulated MedTech sector.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. You can demonstrate your experience in the successful delivery of multiple projects from conception through to completion, meeting schedules and budgets.
- You have technical knowledge of automated manufacturing systems and processes.
- You have a high level of proficiency and experience with MS Project, MS Office (Excel) and Data analysis software.
- You are energetic, self-driven, with a tenacious drive for results.
- You have a strong business and financial acumen, analytical, data and systems driven.
- You are well organised and resourceful and do what it takes to get the job done on time.
- You are a proven leader, approachable and a developer of people. You can manage and resolve conflict quickly.
- You are curious and questioning and establish risks and pitfalls early to minimize later surprises.
- You are an effective communicator with all levels of the organisation and comfortable with presenting to senior leadership.
- You must be capable of demonstrating the following leadership expectations: Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions, Sets High Standards, Initiates and Leads Change, Instils Operational Excellence, Drives Accountability and Models Ethical Behavior.
For further information on this Principal Project Engineer??????? role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.