Job ID: JOB-11967
Our client a leading medical device company located in Cork is recruiting for a Program Manager to join their team. As Manager, the successful candidate will lead, inspire and mentor a team of project/program managers and business analysts to deliver high-performing business outcomes and innovative and best-in-class product and technology launches. You will own and drive the strategic planning activities including ongoing review of progress to business objectives and key results as well as championing and driving processes.
This role will involve working closely with the senior leadership team setting direction and driving alignment to develop and deliver future strategies. It is commutable from Tipperary and Kerry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drives a culture of project management excellence & business growth, through the translation of business strategy into a portfolio, ensuring successful deployment of key projects.
- Leads the governance of the portfolio, including new product introductions, new technology development and strategic initiatives.
- Identifies & directs the business strategy objectives and identifies key results to indicate success. Partner with leadership, to ensure stakeholder alignment to the business strategy.
- Drives strategic planning activities including ongoing reporting and review
- Optimizes the PMO portfolio based on business outcomes and key results, driving portfolio decisions across all levels of the organization to maximise the utilisation of resources in line with strategic objectives.
- Develop and facilitate/deliver various program updates to audiences ranging from program team members to senior executives
- Build team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, mentoring and motivating to facilitate cooperation, and ensure efficiency.
- Develops and manages department budgets and puts controlled spending mechanisms in place that drive accountability.
- Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources. Drives department strategy and evaluates progress, technical development plans and results.
- Builds a high trust and engagement culture within the team, leads and demonstrates behaviours that drive engagement every day.
- Supports the delivery of a high-performance project management culture within the business, leveraging internal and external mentoring and training programs and championing career growth and professional development opportunities for the team.
- Coach, develop and engage direct reports in the successful execution of programs and projects to deliver associated business results.
- Captains and ensures cultural adoption of project management methodologies and builds a cohesive project management office ensuring robust resource planning, risk management process and budget development and tracking.
- Pro-Actively evaluates team performance based on goals and priorities.
- Builds a legacy of talent through highly selective recruitment and management of personnel. Partners with HR in identifying & acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- Influences leadership on best practices and resources for effective project management
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related master’s degree. Formal PM or PMO qualification / accreditation desirable but not compulsory.
- 3+ Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team-based environment. Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product/technology introduction in a regulated environment preferred.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management, Presentation, and written / verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Experience of GD&T, project planning, process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident and effective decision-maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit for driving the business forward – relentless drive to deliver on bold and innovative projects, programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision-makers at all levels within the organization
- Accountability, Focus and Courage.
- Passionate about employee engagement, professional development, and delivery of business results
For further information on this Program Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…