Job ID: JOB-11676
Our client, a leading medical device company, based in Cork is recruiting for a Program Manager to join their team. Key responsibilities will include leading the project management team in the delivery of a range of complex projects and programmes associated with new products and technologies while partnering and collaborating with Product Development and GQO leadership to orchestrate the overall success of the portfolio. The Program Manager will liaise in global forums, meetings, and summits and adopt best practices. They will work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing Operations and Global Marketing to drive speed to market, product quality and ease of manufacture.
Talents the company are looking for:
- Sets direction. An innovator who defines ways to create value and deliver on the company’s mission and strategic imperatives.
- Builds organizational capability. A strategic executive who continuously breaks down barriers, identifying new and more effective ways to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Inspires others. A genuine, relationship-focused leader who connects, collaborates and fosters an inclusive environment of enthusiasm, trust and pride. He/she makes others want to follow, building momentum for action and positively influencing outcomes.
- Champions talent development. A manager who focuses on maximizing the ability, potential and contributions of themselves and others. Fosters an environment where people can excel through developing, coaching and rewarding performance.
- Delivers results. A driven player/coach who sets high goals for personal achievement and organizational success. He/she measures success against the best internal and external benchmarks.
- Assume overall responsibility for multiple projects within programmes including GQO business readiness deliverables and drive adherence to phase gate exit and overall project deadlines. Assign accountability and authority for decisions across the team
- Build and sustain effective network and stakeholder relationships at all levels, particularly with business partners. Develop stakeholder strategies for the effective management across broad range of expectations and requirements
- Responsibility for overall programme architecture and for the provision of a clear, objective, and quantifiable measurement of programme progress. Will develop methods and systems for regular, efficient communication of programme status.
- Establish priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to the team while standardizing best practice Project Management methodology in project execution
- Influence without authority across the organization by building global relationships. Ensure business, quality and financial context is understood and represented in programme design and decisions.
- Responsible for evaluating a range of projects with the goal of estimating and acquiring appropriate resources, assigning the right roles, resolving resource conflicts, and monitor utilization on the activities that will generate the highest business value.
- Partner with HR in identifying, acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- Develop and maintain skills matrix and ensure deployment of competency development strategies for team members to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied, and maintained by team members
- Implement risk management strategies for appropriately managing project risk and liaise with broader AO team on common NPI issues and resolutions
- Calculate and drive product standard costs to less than that of existing predicate platforms or establish standards for new platforms and technologies. Implement systems and processes facilitating tight control of Capital & expense Budgets
- Drive a culture of innovation and collaboration, while demonstrating a growth mind-set – an ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement and compliance of all relevant quality, regulatory and safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline with 6+ years’ experience of managing new product introductions in a highly regulated industry (e.g. medical device, automotive, aerospace etc.) with PMI Certification or equivalent essential.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic & results oriented team environment where flexibility is essential.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Project Management and Engineering experience in New Product Introduction in a regulated environment and a proven track record of utilising associated tools, disciplines, and methodologies.
- The individual will be decisive, take ownership for their results and have the ability to influence key decision makers
For further information on this Program Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…