Exciting opportunity for a program manager within the Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM) business unit. The Program Manager will work with global corporate and manufacturing functions based in the US, Europe and Asia. In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required.
The Program Manager will oversee the end-to-end program management of strategic Operations projects, from ideation through implementation and benefit realization. This includes coordination, organization, direction and implementation of multiple projects aligned with the company's division strategic vision. The scope of the role includes new product launch, Operations capacity expansion and ramp, network optimization, product standardization and implementation of best in class project management systems to enable step-change margin improvement. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the program delivers results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for program definition and execution; developing the strategy and vision of the Operational Excellence program over the next 3-5 years, in collaboration with the broader Operations organization.
- Translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, budget management, risk management and resource requirements.
- Acts as global leader for cross-functional project teams; identifies and leads the Project Teams, owns the Project Plans (Gantts), leads and coordinates execution of all activities required for change implementation.
- Creating/maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle ensuring change is controlled and aligned with corporate strategy and business objectives.
- Prioritizing work and resources to best meet IDEM priorities and financial targets (including CIP/PPV/Unit Cost Glides), resolving issues and initiating corrective actions as appropriate for delivery of program.
- Developing/managing program governance model and communication plan (verbal or written), both internally and externally, for effective project management and coordination for Operational Excellence.
- Establishing and leading proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with the senior leadership team, program/project teams, and matrix stakeholders.
- Leading and motivating the project team; ensuring the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Ensuring that the cross-functional members work as a “team” focused on business unit goals identified, and managing program and solution interdependencies.
- Holding project team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlighting opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicating project delays and escalations.
- Coaching and/or mentoring indirect reports (project team) to ensure a comprehensive, integrated program strategy that delivers outcomes of strategic importance to the business.
- Driving continuous improvement into activities within the Operational Excellence and Manufacturing Operations organizations and seeking regular feedback from leadership and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) which should include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines.
- 3-5 years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities.
- This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in medical diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer product, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic industry preferred.
• One or more professional certifications or equivalent experience (preferably PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile, etc.).
• Strong communication skills – in English in written and verbal; briefing, presentation, education/training skills.
- Exceptional project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, anticipate and mitigate risks, lead cross-functional teams to meet and exceed goals in a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall.
- Ability to create & manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyse complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment. Ability to influence without authority, motivate, lead, coach, and develop employees, and collaborate with functional leaders and teams.
• Experience managing with ambiguity; demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist.
- Self-starter demonstrating flexibility and ability to provide leadership under pressure whilst dealing with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
• Fosters a culture of Operational Excellence/continuous improvement throughout the organization.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Program Manager A leading robotics company located in Westmeath is recruiting for a Program Manager to join their team. This…
Program Manager Description Exciting opportunity for a program manager within the Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM) business unit. The Program…
R&D Program Manger Are you a strong PM interested in your next challenge? Our client, a leading MNC Medical Device…