Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Programme Manager for their site.
- Responsible for leading the management and coordination of complex programmes associated with new products and technologies.
- The programme manager will represent the Ireland Campus on global forums, meetings and summits. They will work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing Operations and Global Marketing to drive speed to market, product quality and ease of manufacture.
- All activities will be completed and documented in accordance with the New Product Development Process and associated design controls utilising bets in class programme management tools, discipline and methodologies.
- Responsibility for overall programme architecture and is measured by the implementation and fulfilment of a strategy and realization of benefits like growth, productivity or bottom line results. The Programme Manager is responsible to the project stakeholders for delivering overall programme objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Responsible for clear, objective and quantifiable measurement of programme progress. Will develop methods and systems for efficiently communicating programme status.
- Influence across the organization by building global relationships. Ensure business, quality and financial context is understood and represented in programme design and decisions.
- Participate in the selection, training and performance appraisal process of project resources. Lead shared Campus resources and deploy in line with programme priorities. Mentor and coach Project Managers to deliver key programme elements to schedule
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and appropriately managing project risk and liaise with broader AO team on common NPI issues and resolutions
- Provide direction to team in complex or difficult situations, removing obstacles, assigning appropriate resources and interacting with other functions to assist with issue resolution and streamlining of work process.
- Establish priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to the team while following best practice Project Management methodology in project execution
- Provide high quality leadership of Project Resources. Encourage people to work collaboratively to reach decisions, while establishing an escalation process for disagreement as appropriate.
- Assume overall responsibility for multiple projects within the overall programme including business readiness deliverables and drive adherence to phase gate exit and overall project deadlines. Assign accountability and authority for decisions across the team
- Calculate and drive product standard costs to less than that of existing predicate platforms or establish standards for new platforms and technologies. Implement systems and processes facilitating tight control of Capital & expense Budgets
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline with 6+ years' experience of managing new product introductions in a highly regulated industry (e.g. medical device, automotive, aerospace etc.) with PMI Certification or equivalent essential.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic & results oriented team environment where flexibility is essential.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Project Management and Engineering experience in New Product Introduction in a regulated environment and a proven track record of utilising associated tools, disciplines and methodologies.
- The individual will be decisive, take ownership for their results and have the ability to influence key decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks. Ability to understand complex inputs and to be able to distil critical information.
- Will have demonstrated an ability to define project risk and to effectively manage project risks.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required with expertise in MS Project. (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience of GD&T, Process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- A predisposition for coaching and mentoring team members and a genuine interest in helping others develop.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Programme Manager role in Cork please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval