The position of New Product Introduction (NPI) Senior Program Manager is within our Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM) business unit located at Lake Forest, IL. This role will oversee the end-to-end program management of select new product launches, from Ideation through product Launch. The NPI Program Manager will report directly to the Director of the NPI Program Management Office (PMO).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Acts as global leader for cross-functional NPI project teams: Manages all activities from Ideation through product launch execution for high-priority products
• Responsible for NPI program definition and execution; defines deliverables and exit requirements for six NPI phases (Ideation, Concept, Feasibility, Development, Validation, Launch)
• Responsible for working with IDEM Finance to confirm key financial measures to be reviewed prior to each NPI phase gate exit, including: R&D spend, COGs, and pricing to evaluate margin and profitability and overall impact to IDEM P&L
• Coaches and mentors indirect reports (Global Marketing, Regional Marketing, Regional Sales Directors, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, R&D, Regulatory, Operations) to ensure a comprehensive, integrated program strategy that delivers outcomes of strategic importance to the business
• Responsible for the strategy and implementation of NPI Phase Gate model to ensure cross-functional alignment prior to gate exit, prioritizing review of key strategic and financial measures to ensure best-in-class commercial execution
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement into NPI launch execution and seeks regular feedback from leadership and stakeholders
• Responsible for consolidating NPI Program Management updates for Global Portfolio Management Review and Executive S&OP
• Translates strategies into program/project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource requirements
• Develops NPI project timeline and holds team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlights opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicates project delays and escalations
• Acts as Project Manager for all assigned high-priority NPI projects: Identifies and leads the Project Teams, owns the Project Plans (Gantts), leads and coordinates execution of all activities required for launch. Communicates the Project Plans and changes to project stakeholders. Continuously monitors compliance with critical milestones.
• Ensures that the cross-functional members work as a “team” focused on business unit goals identified, and manages program and solution interdependencies
• Manages communications (verbal or written), both internally and externally, for effective project management and coordination for new products
• Leads NPI Phase Gate Reviews: Ensures cross-functional alignment prior to gate exit, prepares materials, and facilitates meetings
• Identifies and escalates project risks and communicate status to internal and external stakeholders
• Prioritizes work and resources to best meet IDEM priorities and financial targets
• Responsible for generating formal training materials and leading education sessions for all functional areas and regions
• Establishes and leads proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with the senior leadership team, program/project teams, and matrix stakeholders
• Measures and reports on time execution of launch activities. Identifies performance gaps, KPIs and ensures improvement actions are taken to minimize impact on business performance.
• Responsible for setting the strategy and implementing formal training materials and leading education sessions for all functional areas and regions
• Develops cross-functional tools and templates to support key deliverables in all six NPI phases
• A Bachelor’s Degree which could include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines
• 7 or more years of experience in Project Management, Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or related function, preferably in medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer products
• One or more professional certifications or equivalent experience (e.g. PMP)
• Experience in program management of new product through the development and product life-cycle processes
• Exceptional project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, anticipate and mitigate risks, lead cross-functional teams to meet and exceed goals in a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall
• Experience managing with ambiguity; demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist
• Strong communication skills – in English in written and verbal; briefing, presentation, education/training skills
• Able to influence without authority
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
• Ability to create & manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyze complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment
Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Shannon please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.