Our client, a medical device company in Galway is recruiting for a Programme Manager. The PM will be responsible for Programme Management of New Products from ideation to commercial launch, to include planning, understanding project interdependencies, de-risking, resourcing & allocation, controlling, executing, and retrospective evaluation, in a highly regulated medical device environment.
- Managing key projects and ensuring that all resources are being effectively used to achieve the best possible execution dates on projects on prioritisation listing
- Communicating project interdependencies and providing options for their execution as they arise
- Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making throughout a project and project portfolio management.
- Generation of project plans, ensuring that briefing, scoping and execution are carried out appropriately
- Overseeing the creation work plans based on inputs from all stakeholders including Project leaders
- Determination of the resources (human, time, money, equipment etc.)
- Determination of a schedule for project completion
- Review of project schedule with Project leads and Senior Management and other stakeholders
- Determination of objectives and measures by which project will be evaluated.
- Identify the required resource needs in consultation with the appropriate head of functions & ensuring that they have the correct skill level and training for the particular job.
- Manage the project leaders/staff/contractors according to best international practice
- Ensure that sufficient visibility is available to individuals as to when their skills/resources are required
- Motivate them to ensure that they are delivering at their optimum for project success
- Assess cross-project staff allocation to ensure there are no conflicts
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Conduct key milestone reviews at the various pre-defined stages
- Ensure that all project documentation is appropriately completed and filed
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion
- Conduct uncertainty assessment throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that risks and obstacles are anticipated and effective mitigations are implemented.
- Manage project scope, ensuring that all changes are assessed for impact on project objectives.
- Ensure that the costs are in line with those budgeted and explain divergences
- Ensure that the objectives of the projects are being met and if not communicate accordingly with options being presented for their resolution
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase for review and feedback
- Minimum of primary degree in engineering/technology discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Project Management role in a Medical Regulated Development or Manufacturing environment. It is expected that the candidate would be qualified to Masters level in a complementary discipline.
- Outstanding Technical Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Excellent understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA Design and Development Processes.
- Proficiency in use of desktop software applications such as MS office
- Excellent planning and coordination skill with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with good interpersonal skills
- Methodical and analytical approach and be capable of initiating and leading change while maintaining compliance effectiveness.
- Experience with project planning methodologies, managing project resources and budgets.
- Knowledge of Design Verification and Process Validations.
- Experienced with preparing communication to senior levels of an organisation.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company.
- Highly motivated self-starter
To Note: some travel may be required with role
For further information on this Programme Manager role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.