Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Accountant for their site.
What will I be doing
- Prepare and submit Capital Expenditure requests, track spend on projects, provide updates & forecasts on capital spend, close out projects in a timely manner & work closely with Engineering/R&D/Sustaining departments on Capital related issues.
- Co-ordinate the process of claiming Research & Development (R&D) Tax credits by liaising with our accounting partners and onsite engineers to pull submissions together.
- Grant application co-ordination including managing the drawdown process & ensure process is ' audit ready' at all stages.
- Manage fixed assets onsite including initial tagging of assets (onsite and at vendors) & organization and & co-ordination of regular physical fixed asset counts.
- Ensure construction in progress (CIP) ageing is kept current.
- Budgeting and Forecasting for the Research & Development/Sustaining Department.
- Tracking expenditure on R&D projects.
- Supporting & promoting a good internal controls environment
- Sales Invoicing and Inter co recharges & reconciliations.
- Preparation of Central Statistics Office returns as required
- Balance sheet reconciliations of Key Capital & Fixed asset accounts.
- Perform ad hoc exercises as required.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently.
What will I need
- 2-3 years post qualification experience, wishing to move into a complex, fast moving and constantly changing multinational manufacturing environment.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with effectively interacting with various levels and functions within the organization, must be technically strong and willing to come up to speed quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) are a requirement.
- Oracle JD Edwards & ERP LX system knowledge are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval