Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior PM for their site.
The Project and business Readiness Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers business change results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. It is also to support a (multi-release) Programme by working with the business, peers in the business change team and representatives from the programme team to plan and track all activities and deliverables related to business readiness, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and cutover.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and facilitate business activities within a global programme to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Support the programme business team in defining the UAT planning and coordination, business readiness and cutover approaches.
- Create detailed plan for UAT phases of programme including coordination of activities during testing phase.
- Create detailed plan for all business readiness activities required for cutover and develop the processes and metrics to review business readiness periodically (readiness assessments). Business readiness plans include business readiness activities, timelines, business resource requirements, and risk assessments.
- Support the programme business team in defining the cutover and implementation approach.
- Create detailed business cutover planning for technical go live for each region and impacted function(s).
- Together with the business programme team, define processes, procedures and team structures that will support the cutover effort from a business perspective.
- Define and communicate business resource requirements for cutover activities (in conjunction with the business readiness planning).
- Directly create, or support the creation of, as well as maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle to ensure performance monitoring and alignment with corporate strategy and business objectives.
- Lead and motivate the project team while ensuring that established programme procedures are adhered to.
- Manage the production of the required project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and manage the project controls – monitoring and reporting
- Advise the Project/Programme Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Accredited Project Manager qualification (PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in projects.
- Project management: Focusing on UAT, business readiness and implementation, including tracking of deliverables and management of risks and issue with prior experience in planning testing and cutover in large scale transformation programmes.
- Influencing: Able to influence others within the business line organization to complete the required activities.
- A track record of managing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams.
- Experience of working with international stakeholders is essential.
- Planning, problem solving, negotiations and facilitation should be core competencies.
- Proven proficiency with project management methodologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary to integrate several departments toward programme objectives.
- Demonstrated administrative, written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Competent in the use of Ms Project, Ms Excel and other MS programs essential
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- People management skills
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Developing an environment of effective team work, trust and communication is essential
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams using multiple communication channels.
Environment / Culture
- Self-motivated culture with high standards of detailed output required from the team.
- When required – be reactive and flexible to current issues while driving the long term resolution within the business.
- Fact based approach to decisions.
- Open and engaging in nature.
- Minimum of five years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities. This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in a medical diagnostic, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic industry preferred.
- Experience in ERP systems and projects required.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency on multiple software applications (MS Word, MS Power Point, MS EXCEL and Microsoft Project).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the hosting of virtual conference meetings (conference calls, virtual rooms (e.g. WEBEX)).
- Proven abilities in creativity and innovation
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
- In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required.
For further information on this Senior Project Manager role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval