Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their site, on a contract basis
To define the duties and responsibilities of the Project Engineer
Duties And Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible for project implementation from concept phase through to Validation and Commissioning.
Duties comprise of:
- Ensure proper procedures apply to all development.
- Assist in the development of solutions to operational problems
- Implementing and assisting in in-house and extended project development where applicable.
- Endeavour to implement project to planned schedules and budgets
- Ensuring all new installations are implemented in accordance with Janssen's
- Engineering Specifications and Good Engineering Practice.
- Ensure that all-new installations and modifications are implemented in accordance with Janssen's Safety Environmental and cGMP procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise construction workers.
Job Function Competencies:
- The Competency of Personnel to perform their assigned functions is acquired by appropriate Qualifications, Education, Training and Experience, (Knowledge & Skill)
- or any combination of these. On the job competency is determined by a set of Activities that each Employee must complete in order to carry out their functions.
- These are described as Skills profiles / Curriculum and are assigned through the site LMS.
- Third level Engineering qualification in the relevant discipline as follows:
- Project Engineer: - Automation - Automation/Process
- Electrical - Electrical
- Mechanical - Mechanical
- Civil - Civil
- Perform Project management tasks for small to medium scale projects involving either new or existing equipment in a SM API Facility. The candidate will be required to either individually or by leading a team manage the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure of equipment / process related projects in a SM API Facility.
- Develop the scope and prepare budgets for capital projects to support business requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules (with project team members) and ensure set project milestones are achieved
- Management of all aspects of the project and the interaction with the various site stakeholders, Operations /Maintenance/ Quality Assurance
- Utilise Project Management tools (i.e. URS, Microsoft Project, Primavera etc.) to manage projects / Alignment with Site Project Delivery Process
- Communication of project status to the Engineering manager, highlighting areas of concern early and proposing / identifying resolutions
- Coordinate and ensure all project handover documentation is in accordance with Site Quality and Validation system requirements
- Provide engineering support in developing new or improving existing equipment and/or process related activities
- Define or assist in defining process equipment requirements and specifications based on process requirements, J&J safety requirements and customer needs
- Run project team meetings to maintain alignment between team members and the project schedule
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating technology necessary to support requirements
- Propose options to Management/Customer/Stakeholders
- Provide technical support for projects
- Assist in negotiation with equipment suppliers
- Measure/evaluate equipment efficiencies, downtime and assist in the development of maintenance requirements
- Propose and implement improvement projects that improve compliance, improve efficiencies, yields or throughputs
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is essential (Chemical / Mechanical /Process preferred)
- More than 10 years' experience in Pharmaceuticals with experience of project management of cross site projects in process engineering and equipment validation within a GMP environment
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval