Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their site.
Reporting to a Business Unit Engineering Manager, this person will provide manufacturing support over a range of manufacturing processes. This role may be Business Unit specific or business wide specific. This person will be responsible for the management and implementation of projects to completion.
- Provide manufacturing support over a range of manufacturing processes.
- Accountable for business metrics (safety, quality, delivery, and cost).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leading process improvement initiatives to reduce cost and to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Project manage and lead new product introduction projects, introducing new processes as appropriate.
- Completing process and product validations and implementing product, process and material changes through validation, change control & documentation updates.
- Oversight and control of assigned projects.
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, including customer specifications, blue prints, and technical procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external customers, internal customers and management.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer/client groups.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers in a previous employment.
- Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab).
- Knowledge of SIM studies and DOE would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause problem solving.
- Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets.
- Understands regulated type industries a plus
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 4 years prior experience in a similar role in a regulated environment, preferably in either the Medical, Packaging or Technological industries with experience of process validations.
For further information on this Project Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval