Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their site.
- Act as client owner representative to provide direction and oversee design, construction and commissioning progression by an EPCMV (Architect & Engineering Firm) design firm.
- Participate in design, construction, commissioning and qualification in collaboration with other project team members, operations personnel, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Liaising with various operations teams regarding impact of construction work in specific areas and agreement of scheduling of works, thus minimising interruption to site business.
- Liaise with stakeholders, equipment vendors, business partners, and SMEs at other sites within the Manufacturing Network as required to support project delivery.
- Input to monitoring & control of project cost and schedule in collaboration with other team members.
- Input to continuous monitoring and management of project execution risks and establishment of contingency plans where necessary.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of capital projects, advocating safe work practices and culturing and reinforcing safety values amongst all team members.
- Participate in walk down and sign off of new installations, verifying compliance with all relevant site and corporate specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement in project quality, deriving excellence in project execution. Identification and reporting of deviations from approved practice. Resolution of deviations from approved practice, including after action reviews.
- Participate in safe handover of systems at mechanical completion and IOQ completion. Management of system energisation.
- Minimum qualification B.Sc. or M.Sc./M.Eng Degree in Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 5 Years post academic experience in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical design, construction & start-up environment.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in project management.
- Good communication /presentation skills.
- Consensus building skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval