Our client a leading pharmaceutical company located in County Mayo is recruiting for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating and leading projects in conjunction with good engineering practices and complying with regulatory and site quality/safety standards.
Typical projects may include; new processing equipment, process improvements, automation, aseptic processing, and facility/utility related items. The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure that projects meets their agreed goals/targets on time and on budget. The project engineer reports directly to the senior project manager for the area, who will give advice and provide support to ensure the equipment/facility/utilities design and goals/targets are achieved. This is a contracting 12-month role.
- Co-ordinate and manage contractors who are on site to deliver aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all contractors on site work safely and in compliance with site rules.
- Co-ordinate and lead cross functional teams to deliver against agreed timelines and scope of a project.
- Liaise with other site functions (e.g. EHS, QA, Operations. IS) ensuring cross functional input and support for the outcomes of the project, ensuring that the project at a minimum adheres to current good practices in terms of quality, functionality, efficiency and safety.
- Responsible for translating project requirements into the design at an early stage and ensuring the end deliverable meets the user’s requirements.
- Responsible for transition of equipment from qualification phase to operational phase providing technical support as required to operations during project handover.
- Responsible for delivery of entire scope of the project adhering to design criteria, agreed schedule and budget commitments.
- May be required to deputise in the absence of the senior project manager on short term basis.
- Produce relevant documentation and project update reports to project manager as required to communicate project status.
- Third level qualification in an Engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- Experience of working in Biologics, Pharmaceuticals or Medical device industry an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Project management experience with a proven record an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required to operate in a multi-functional project team set up.
- Good team leading skills and ability to work closely with other areas/departments within an organization.
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with all functions within the business
- Communication: excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral. Articulate the quality requirements in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Planning & Organising: excellent analytical skills. Ability to plan and schedule.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Passion for results: - Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
- Receptivity to feedback - Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility where appropriate.
- Undertake any travel that the role may require for design review meetings, build inspections, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) etc.
- Compliance and Integrity: You will be responsible for conducting your activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities.
For further information on this Project Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.