Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their site.
The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA) & Supply Chain (SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
This person will lead and coordinate the project engineering activities associated with the further development of existing manufacturing capacity. The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing & implementing higher output systems. The role will include leading project engineers and providing project guidance. Further, it will include oversight of overall process development, including liaising with technology partners to achieve desired outcome.
New Process Concept Development: Position will be responsible for overseeing development of concept for fully automated manufacturing systems, working with a technology partner, completing proof of principle by prototyping key bottleneck areas, and developing a high level concept that meets customer requirements.
• New Process Implementation: Position responsible for timely implementation of new manufacturing processes in the designated Value Stream area. Projects will include Capacity, New Products, and Cost Reduction, and will involve highly automated production equipment. Position will provide leadership of cross functional team to deliver on same objectives. Scope would include: User Requirements (URS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Capital Approval, conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
• Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing & tracking project plans, and formally communicating same. Also, position will be responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
• Process Improvements: Position will be responsible for identifying and implementing process & product improvements in the area.
• New Product introduction: support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of product costs (COGS)
• Process Qualification: support qualification of new products / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
• Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
• Lead teams or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques, to support clients' needs.
• Coordinate project activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet project deliverables.
• Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other (technical) expertise.
• Frequently demonstrate highly technical and professional competencies on medium to high profile projects
• Use systematic techniques to break technical projects into fundamental task requirements.
• Obtain (negotiate for) resources as needed, communicate direction to team members, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
• Monitor project progress to anticipate problems and develop solutions before they become critical, and use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
• Develop process concepts and alternatives and prepare formal written justifications for financial authorization.
• Lead or coordinate the design and testing of prototype processes for proof of concept work.
• Create process specifications, request for quotations, factory acceptance plans, validation plans, and other relevant documentation to support process introductions.
• Foster and manage vendor partner relationships to support process introductions.
• Understand accounting principles, capital and expense planning, cost center reporting, and other tools to understand project and departmental performance.
• Use sound business principles to evaluate alternatives and provide technical direction
Leaving Certificate or equivalent
Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Plastics , Chemical / Pharma or Electrical/Controls Engineering
Project Management Training/Qualification
2D/3D CAD skills
Pneumatic Circuits & Controls
Familiarity with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles.
Knowledge of Materials Characteristics & test method development.
Extrusion and Web Handling Process
7 to 10 years post qualification experience in general project engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ food industry –mixing/processing or air-motive industry preferred)
3yrs+ Project Management experience.
Masters in Project Management or Manufacturing Systems or equivalent
Machine design experience
Occupational Health and Safety
Plastic Welding Heat Seal Technology
Catheter manufacture – Ultrasonic cutting
Plastic Part assembly
Servo Control systems
ASQ Green/Black Belt Certification
FDA, ISO experience preferred
Process back ground desirable with medical, chemical or plastics experience preferred;
Experience in developing innovative manufacturing processes;
Preferable to have previous people management experience and management of substantial budgetary responsibilities
For further information on this Project Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website – www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Clients we are proud to work with
“I have worked with HERO recruitment (formerly HERO recruitment) for a number of years both within my current and previous position. I have always found HERO recruitment excellent to partner with, the consultants know our industry and cultural fit and can therefore successfully source high calibre candidates to match our open vacancies. I find HERO recruitment very professional to deal with and any candidates I interview who are sourced by HERO always have a positive recruitment experience”.
Human Resources Manager
“My very first impression was that I was dealing with a recruitment company who were extremely professional, supportive and knowledgeable of the role for which I was applying. Not only were the responsibilities of the role explained to me in great detail, but they also went to great lengths to really understand the depth of my technical, managerial and leadership experience and capabilities. What impressed me the most was their personal touch in building a strong relationship with me as a candidate and in maintaining regular contact with me on the status of the role throughout the application process”.
“HERO have been a key strategic recruiting partner to Hollister ULC over many years. During our continued growth and expansion at our facility in Ballina, Hero have worked closely with us to really understand our recruiting needs, the calibre of talent we are looking for, and the fit for our Hollister culture. HERO have successfully sourced and placed candidates for us into Research and Development, Project / Process Engineering, Supply Chain and key Management roles. They have a very experienced and professional team, and bring an excellent regional, national and international perspective”.
Asst. HR Manger
Hollister ULC, Ballina, Co. Mayo
"From the first prompt call-back to the ultimate congratulatory call to inform me of a job offer, Karl was an absolute professional; sound advice, solid research and knowledge of companies, unwavering persistence and friendly encouragement. West is best, so for anyone looking for a technical role, talk to Karl"
Computer Vision Algorithm Team Manager
“HERO Recruitment continues to be a valued partner in supplying high calibre candidates to all three Boston Scientific sites in Ireland. In particular they have been successful in delivering on specific roles for key project scale-ups. HERO has also provided on-site recruitment presence during increased activity when required and consistently operate in a highly professional and competent manner”.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
“HERO Recruitment were instrumental in sourcing and delivering key talent to the organisation and enabled us to meet our key deliverables within our start-up phase. They thoroughly understood our culture and constantly over delivered on our expectations. Our partnership with HERO Recruitment has without a doubt been a professional and collaborative one. HERO exceed themselves in all aspects of recruitment and are an absolute pleasure to work with”.
VP of Human Resources
“HERO recruitment is an extension to our talent acquisition team. From hiring strategy meeting to the induction of the right talent, the HERO recruitment team provide an exemplary service. They are knowledgeable about our business needs, responsive and thorough. A true talent acquisition partner”.