Project Engineer – Normal
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer - Normal for their site.
- Lead the technology selection and process design for new product manufacture
- Pioneer Design to Value (DTV) principles as part of a global project team to maximise customer value
- Direct completion of detailed product design reviews to ensure design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Project management and budget responsibility for NPI projects in scope of responsibility including timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Deliver stable lean manufacturing solutions in line with manufacturing best practices
- Direct design, development and sourcing of tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Direct management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with 7 years’ experience is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent manufacturing engineering environment is essential.
- A proven track record of managing teams to successfully deliver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated capability to communicate to external stakeholders
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Experience using proven Root Cause analysis and problem-solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
Other Skills, Experience and Education
- Leadership skills
- Proven technical skills
- Ability to organise medium complexity technical issues
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Knowledge of equipment and process validation and documentation procedures and processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results orientated, completes tasks
- Conscientious, self-directed and motivated
- Proven problem solver
- Organised and results orientated
- Ability to take ownership
- Develop good working relationships across the business
- Ability to motivate and lead - must be team orientated
- Honest, open, flexible approach
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a technical position
- Technical leadership
- Advanced technical degree
- Prior experience in a GMP or medical device manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in equipment and process validation activities
- Process development experience
- Equipment conceptual skills
- Experience of bespoke capital equipment
For further information on this Project Engineer – Normal role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval