Contact: Anne - Marie Fox
Telephone: 087 2197421
Project Engineer –Research
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing a European funded project with a duration of 3 years.
- The role will involve ensuring delivery of milestones and work package deliverables as part of a European project consortium.
- This will require some technical knowledge in the areas of sensors, sensor integration in manufacturing equipment, and predictive maintenance; as well as, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing design protocols.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will develop and manage the collaborations with key project partners and ensure effective communication throughout the project.
- Moreover, the project engineer will be responsible for meeting the project reporting requirements.
- The project engineer will report to the research coordinator responsible for the project.
- The successful candidate will be based in Cork.
- Manufacturing Research & Innovation Unit and project partners as well as, manufacturing/automation engineers, outside contractors, integration partners, equipment suppliers, research organisations, staff from Manufacturing Technology and Innovation Centre of Excellence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop equipment and software user requirements specifications.
- To build demonstrators for technologies investigated as part of European project.
- To evaluate the technologies investigated as part of European project
- To write project reports.
- To work with project partners to develop sensing and advanced analytics solutions
- To project manage a European Project.
- To provide guidance to other staff and students in own specialist area
- To carry out the research activities assigned to the research project.
- To manage the relationships with key project partners.
- To provide team with regular project updates
- To take part in knowledge-transfer activities, including collaborative meetings with other research groups
- maintain knowledge and understanding within the field/specialism, transforming and applying knowledge acquired from project to research
- Work with all relevant project teams to deliver project on time and on budget with the required quality level.
- Ensure compliance with company’s procedures, cGMP, recognised quality standards and regulatory expectation. Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Open to travel to support development.
Key Competencies Required:
- Technical knowledge in predictive maintenance
- Project management skills
- Communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Proactive approach to work
- High standards
- Availability to travel as required by the research projects
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Highly computer literate
- Influencing skills
- Strong work ethic
- Highly motivated with an interest in self-development
- BSc in an engineering discipline
- 3 years’ experience working in industry
- 1 year experience in a research or innovation environment
- High level of technical English
- Background in manufacturing engineering
- Project Management Professional with experience managing Research projects
- Integration of R&D Programs into Manufacturing Operations
- 1 year experience in a regulated industrial environment
- PhD or Research Masters in an engineering discipline
- Experience in managing European funded projects
- Process Excellence – Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and predictive maintenance
For further information on this Project Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval