Job ID: JOB-11826
My leading medical device client is currently recruiting a Project Lead for their site on a 12 months Fixed Term contract.
An Associate Project Manager is an entry-level leader of a product or technology development project, a moderate sized Site Transfer / Acquisition project or Site representative of a broader Global project.
- People Management: Manages small/medium sized cross-functional development teams; leads teams effectively through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identifies, communicates and manages technical risk engaging the key subject matter experts in this process.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops and implements project plan, proactively identifies risks and embeds appropriate mitigations into plans, builds team ownership and commitment to project plan, identifies clear decision points and succinctly presents options & recommendations to decision makers with supporting data / rationale. Develops and controls the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Process Management: Follows the appropriate applicable project roadmap (e.g. PLCP process for NPI, Product Transfer roadmap for Site Transfers etc.) and represents Operations on the overall Core Team; leads the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices & represents same at all phase reviews.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; Ensures appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues / decision points are communicated in a timely manner to the decision makers. Ensures the communication is tailored for the audience from Project Team reviews right through to Senior Leadership reviews. Leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience in project managing larger-scale / complex projects involving multiple functions (e.g. Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering, Global Supply Chain) and/or Multiple Sites (e.g. Global or StAR projects, Strategic Transfers)
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Must have proven skills in people management, collaboration, influencing and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project or similar Project planning tool.
Preferred Education and Experience
- NFQ level 8 degree (240 credits) in a Technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing); a Qualification in Project Management and/or a Level 9 (Masters) would be an advantage.
- 4+ years of project management in an Operations or New Product Development environment.
- Experience in the medical devices industry is an advantage.
- A formal Project Management qualification or certification is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills across all levels in organization – tailors the message to the audience
- There will be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other sites.
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12032 Controls Engineer Overview Our client an automation company are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12014 Chemical Engineer Company Overview: Our client has been pioneering and leading the photochromic industry for…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12030 Basic Summary: This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within our…