Our client, a medical device company is recruiting for a Project Leader, Sustaining Engineering who will be responsible for leading projects focused on existing product changes and new product variant introductions in support of the company’s work streams. The projects would be primarily relating to Supply Security (stay in business), costs savings and process improvement projects. The Project Leader requires skills in project management, process development, communication and the ability to build and develop relationships. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Bio Material Safety (BMS), Packaging, Labelling & Supply Chain(SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities. This role is based in Mayo but is commutable from Sligo and Roscommon.
- Use systematic techniques to create, support, and manage the development of project goals, schedules, and tasks.
- Obtain and/or negotiate resources as needed, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate risks and develop solutions before they become critical.
- Highlight and address any changes from the overall project plan
- Socialize project status identifying key project milestones, progress, and major interdependencies throughout operations and engineering functions.
- Provide regular updates to sponsors on the status of the overall project.
- Present updates to senior leadership at project milestone meetings.
- Use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
Education, Experience and Skills
- 2-3years experience in leading Projects
- Formal Production / Engineering Qualification (Bachelor’s Degree)
- PMP Certified is preferred (not essential)
- Communication skills (negotiating, reading for content, writing, talking, listening);
- Time Management over multiple time zones
- Frequent travel
- Proven track record in project management and project leadership; capable of working independently;
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Ability to delegate effectively and adjust schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
- Uses problem solving techniques such as DMAIC to resolve issues as they arise;
- Demonstrates working knowledge of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in accomplishing well-defined tasks;
- Strong communication skills, with ability to articulate relevant technologies and processes to others in the technical group and provide project updates to executives and stakeholders
- Recognizes value-added product features and integrates them into product designs;
- Demonstrates awareness of current technological trends, especially within their specific discipline;
- Previous knowledge or experience in polymer films, bonding technology or medical sector would be preferred (not mandatory).
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…