Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
This role is responsible for leading a cross-functional team in the development and commercialization of new products/services within New Product and Process Development Process (NPPD). Responsibilities include the development and execution of integrated business cases, project plans; identification and resolution of staffing and resource requirements; and resolution of product development issues. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with functional heads and senior leaders to gain the cross-functional support needed to drive successful commercialization of new products. The Project Manager will be required to establish and maintain a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and commitment to results. The Project Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring Core Team Leaders that are assigned to projects who reside outside of the PMO.
- Lead Core Teams in the completion of product development plans to ensure product availability in alignment with the commercialization plans.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans and subsequent detailed commercialization plans for the product that incorporates the identified markets and balances a global roll-out to maximize success of the product. Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfil project objectives and satisfy project / product requirements. Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company?s product development and quality processes.
- Manage and track project budget, cost and profit targets to meet established return on investment goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional senior leaders to drive success of the team.
- Drive a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and a commitment to results.
- Provide structured thinking to the project team on the overall approach and delegate tasks as appropriate based on expectations established for members of the team.
- Coach team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills.
- Coach and mentor Core Team Leaders that do not reside in the PMO.
- Lead the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyse options and implications.
- Demonstrate product development process knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables that meet the market?s needs.
- Provide feedback to functional departments during the company?s annual planning process on product development requirements, including financial and human resources.
Bachelor?s Degree required. MS, MBA , Engineering Degree or other advanced degree preferred
PMP certification preferred.
A minimum of 5-7 years? experience with a strong track record in driving implementation of large complex product development projects, preferably in the medical device industry.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval