Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
To support the commercial team to achieve business growth in line with company strategy, by managing new products through the Company NPD framework, ensuring the on-time and on-budget delivery of high quality solutions to our customers
NPD Project Management
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop innovative, quality solutions based on customer requirements that deliver a significant return on investment for the business.
- Prepare for and schedule PAC meetings, ensuring relevant projects and items for discussion are on the agenda, documentation is prepared and available in advance of meetings, minutes published timely and actions followed up between meetings.
- Plan and publish project budgets, control project costs within agreed budgets and deliver products within BOM targets.
- Work with Management to ensure all projects across the group are adequately resourced, individuals are not overburdened and that resources are shared across projects in line with group strategy and priorities.
- Plan and track all projects to ensure on-time delivery, highlighting any roadblocks and working with relevant functions / management to ensure timely resolution or escalation.
- Monitor the proper conduct of projects in line with our Quality System. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work and functional alignment within their departments.
- Work with the Technical Director and Clinical team to ensure that clinical data is available in a timely manner for new product launches.
- Work with fellow NPD Project Manager, Senior R&D Manager, and the Management team to continue to develop the NPD framework making it as efficient, effective and user friendly as possible.
R&D Project Management
- Manage R&D Design Projects at a micro-level. Work with Electronic, Software, Mechanical and Garment functions to scope out a detailed design, development and test plans which support overall project targets / goals.
- Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
- Ensure that the design control documentation is completed in concert with the project plan and in line with our clients quality system.
- Assist operations with the consolidation of documents and specifications required for RFQ, prototyping / engineering builds, process validation and production ramp / post launch support.
- Maintain product and process quality. Deliver projects within the guidelines set out in our clients Quality System. Participate in external audits of the project. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work.
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Qualification level and discipline: Honours Degree Engineering (e.g. Mechanical/Electronic/Software)
- No. of years? work experience: 5 years + Project Management Experience
- Industry Type: Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics or Technology / Automotive
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong Project Management skills, PMI certification an advantage
- Ability to plan and track projects while controlling costs and managing resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to colleagues and management
- Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams with no reporting responsibility. Previous people management experience would be advantageous.
- Understanding of financial, marketing, design, manufacturing and sales process in the context of product development
- Previous experience of risk management and in using risk management tools
- Detailed understanding of the quality and regulatory process
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a systematic and orderly approach to work
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Works effectively under pressure and manages own and others time to good effect
- Professional, courteous, approachable and helpful, someone who works inclusively bringing the relevant people together
- Positive with a can-do solution focused attitude
- Pro-active with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel and PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Project skills
- Knowledge of the Design Control Process (Medical Device Industry) would be an advantage
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Anthony Cummins on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval