Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
The project Manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that the project deliver business change results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case and the company Leadership team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and facilitate company projects and programmes as they deliver change to the organisation at a global and local level to ensure change is controlled, aligned with corporate strategy and delivered within the time, cost and quality parameters set out in the business case.
- Ensure project team compliance with applicable company guidelines and documentation requirements.
- Maintain project management methodology documentation and training resources
- Train, coach and mentor the project actors in methodologies throughout the project lifecycle
- Complete quality reviews, risk reviews and independent project health checks
- Directly create, or support the creation of, project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle to ensure performance monitoring and alignment with corporate strategy and business objectives:
Project Initiation Document which include the:
- Business Case
- Project Risk & Issues Log
- Project Plan (Ms Project)
- Communication Strategy with Plan.
- Project End Report
- Maintain the following documents:
- Business Case
- Project Risk & Issues Log
- Project Plan
- Communications Plan
- Liaise with company Leadership team to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers.
- Lead and motivate the project team.
- Ensure the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Manage the production of the required Project Outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and manage the project's procedures - risk management, communication, issues and change control.
- Establish and manage the project controls - monitoring and reporting
- Authorise work stream stages in the project
- Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Unless appointed to another person perform the work stream lead role.
- The company values fact based decision making; must be highly enumerative with an aptitude for analysis.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner with a minimum of 3 yrs experience is preferred
- A track record of managing multifunctional teams
- Experience of working with international stakeholders is essential
- Knowledge of international tax structuring is beneficial
- Planning, problem solving, negotiations and facilitation should be core competencies
- Minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities. This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in a medical diagnostic, clinical study, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic industry preferred.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency on multiple software applications and Microsoft Project.
- Proven abilities in creativity and innovation
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
- In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required
In addition, proven ability in the following areas:
- Leadership Attributes
- Drives for Results
- Focuses the organization on ways to consistently achieve high performance.
- Displays a Global Mind-set
- Values diverse thinking and brings people and ideas together.
- Initiates Change
- Enrols others in the vision and is proactive in meaningful actions.
- Applies Market Insight
- Brings market intelligence into winning strategies.
- Collaborates Across Boundaries
- Reaches across the enterprise to solve problems and accelerate innovation.
- Builds and Inspires Trust
- Pursues trusting relationships with others, internally and externally.
- Passionate About People
- Inspires and builds winning teams.
- Develops Talent
- Continually develops his/her own skillset. Avoids saying one thing and doing another. Is careful to honour commitments and keep promises. Openly shares own views and is curious about others' perspectives.
- Focuses on Customers
- Proactively listens to internal /external customers and clarifies expectations. Role models Quality First by continuously improving on what matters most to customers. Promptly and effectively handles issues and problems.
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval