Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site on a contract basis
Summary Of Job:
Provide a lead role in New Product Development projects in the NPD group at the Innovation Centre, Cork. Collaborating with global R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for the development and introduction of new products and leading strategic engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves providing technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of leading edge additive manufacturing technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in materials development.
- Lead technical elements within cross functional teams to execute new product development projects
- Conduct design for manufacture reviews to minimise lifecycle cost
- Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups
- Identify appropriate resources and requirements for product development
- Development of manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
- Develop innovative product development processes to shorten product lifecycle time to market
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Complete validation activities required to launch new products
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
- To Adhere To The Company's Procedures As Detailed In The Sop Manual
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Biomedical Engineering and 8-10 years' experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Project Management experience
- Proven track record in development and installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
- CAD/CAM Experience
For further information on this Project Manager role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 08395531 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval