Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
- The NPI Project Manager (PM) will report into the NPE group. The PM is responsible for developing project costs with input for NPE and Operations Engineering.
- The role will collate process, materials, overheads and NRE costs of introduction and validation to produce a holistic cost model for each new business opportunity.
- The role will provide data to the NPE team detailing future resource loading from potential new projects. They will build a database of project standards to improve accuracy of costing proposals.
- The PM will manage the introduction of the new product line from process development, line scale up, process validation, production ramp and hand off the new product line to the operations team in line with agreed performance targets.
- The PM will lead project team to deliver project costings.
- The PM will manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and technical management of project.
- The PM will communicate project status, performance and risks to the management team.
- The PM will be required to lead a core team of technical resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management, design technical solutions, and project risk management.
- Customer management: The PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to costing the project.
- The PM ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive a data driven best practice project management approach to quantifying the resource loading driven by each project.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project costings quickly and efficiently. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 4 years' experience in manufacturing industry with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Project management/leadership experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and other functions within the organization. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval