Telephone: 087 2197421
Project Manager, R&D PMO
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Project Manager, R&D PMO for their site.
- Lead Core Teams in the completion of product development plans to ensure product availability in alignment with the commercialization plans.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans and subsequent detailed commercialization plans for the product that incorporates the identified markets and balances a global roll-out to maximize success of the product. Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfil project objectives and satisfy project / product requirements. Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company’s product development and quality processes.
- Manage and track project budget, cost and profit targets to meet established return on investment goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional senior leaders to drive success of the team.
- Drive a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and a commitment to results.
- Provide structured thinking to the project team on the overall approach and delegate tasks as appropriate based on expectations established for members of the team.
- Coach team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills.
- Coach and mentor Core Team Leaders that do not reside in the PMO.
- Lead the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyse options and implications.
- Demonstrate product development process knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables that meet the market’s needs.
- Provide feedback to functional departments during the company’s annual planning process on product development requirements, including financial and human resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MS, MBA , Engineering Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred.
Length of Experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with a strong track record in driving implementation of large complex product development projects, preferably in the medical device industry.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Proven ability to manage and lead multi-functional teams to drive success of a project.
- Experience working in product development/commercialization preferred.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development and commercialization processes.
- Serve as a change agent with passion, high-energy, and a results oriented creative and analytical mind with the ability to manage critical situations.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience with project management tools and skills; with knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Proven ability to develop a team culture that leads to ongoing excellence and achievement of goals.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project.
- Ability to balance planning and project focus with the needs for flexibility to ensure successful execution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects.
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions.
For further information on this Project Manager, R&D PMO role in Mayo please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.