Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a technology company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a PM for their site.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager to lead & manage the day-to-day aspects for projects over their lifecycle, ensuring successful planning, execution and delivery of automotive imaging projects, within the specified time, budget and quality.
With a good understanding of what & when needs of the project, the project manager prioritizes and implements the changes required to meet the development, business and customer goals.
Project planning, execution, communication and delivery
- Coordinate project estimation activities with the technical team.
- Creation of, and updating of, accurate detailed timing plans to ensure delivery within agreed timescales, and within agreed costs, and to required quality.
- Ensure that project milestones are defined and executed to meet internal or external customer's expectations.
- Manage resources assigned to the project to ensure execution as per defined plan. Highlight any resource gaps which impacts project execution as per plan.
- As required, manage any outsourced activities as part of the project.
- Proactive risk management - maintaining a list of project risks along with proposed mitigation and corrective actions.
- Initiate countermeasures in case of deviations and escalate as needed.
- Report regularly the status on project KPIs (timing, budget, risk, etc.).
- Liaise with Quality Assurance & Product Testing to ensure that overall project quality is managed and met as per internal or external customer's expectations.
- As the primary customer interface, ensure clear communication within the project team and project stakeholders, and facilitate the team to remove roadblocks and achieve its goals.
- Lead and own overall change management and change approval activities within the project, including the project costs resulting from changes
- Own project budget from project budget planning to execution and be accountable with efficient cost management & project profitability
Non project specific
- Contribute to ongoing activities to enhance / update development best practices processes, with focus around Project Management (e.g. SPICE MAN3, MAN5).
- Work with wider team of PMs in to share knowledge and experience, mentor other PMs as needed.
Professional Experience Required
- Engineering/Master degree.
- Practical experience of software development in a technical/engineering environment, with minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience at a management level.
- Experience, and understanding, of waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Understanding of full project lifecycle from planning through to delivery and project close.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal - including experience directly liaising with Tier1 suppliers or OEMs as customers.
- Ability to manage customers’ expectations and changes without unnecessary escalations to management.
- Comfortable working with, and communicating clearly with, all levels of the organization from junior engineer up to executive management level.
- Ability to motive the project team to maximize teamwork and collaboration, to achieve the team's and project's goals.
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Excellent technical and conversational English skills
- Availability to travel as necessary
Would be an advantage
- Formal Project Management certification (e.g. PRINCE2) would be an advantage.
- Practical working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Requirements management, including knowledge of a requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS).
- Hands-on experience, or knowledge of, iso26262 Function Safety.
- Technical knowledge or experience in imaging technologies.
- Understanding of CNN and deep learning technologies.
For further information on this PM role in Galway please contact Anne-Marie 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval