Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a PM for their site.
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the development and commercialization of new products, technology, and equipment. Responsibilities include developing and executing integrated business and project plans, leading teams and providing guidance (engineering, operations, and quality), managing project budgets and risks, and communicating regularly to stakeholders. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with functional management and senior leaders to gain the cross-functional support needed to drive successful commercialization of new products, technology, and equipment. The Engineering Project Manager requires a blend of leadership, project management, process development, business acumen, and communication skills.
- Lead teams and/or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques.
- Lead activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet deliverables.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans, manage and track project budgets, product cost, and capital, and establish return on investment.
- Support activities to scope and charter new projects.
- Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other technical expertise.
- Use systematic techniques and ensure use of the stage gate or other suitable process to create, support, and manage the development of project goals, schedules, and tasks.
- Coordinate cross-functional team activities to meet project or program deliverables.
- Coordinate and lead project managers to ensure successful program outcomes.
- Obtain and/or negotiate resources as needed, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate risks and develop solutions before they become critical.
- Highlight and address any changes from the overall project or program plan
- Understand accounting principles, capital, and expense planning in support of project/program and departmental performance.
- Effectively prepare, manage and communicate project expense and / or capital budgets.
- Utilize resource planning to support department and corporate resource monitoring.
- Socialize project status identifying key project milestones, progress, and major interdependencies throughout operations and engineering functions.
- Provide regular updates sponsors on the status of the overall program or project
- Present updates to senior leadership at project milestone meetings.
- Use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
- Provide technical expertise to projects/programs business results.
- Develop and test process concepts to reduce /avoid risk when implementing full scale commercial production processes.
- Complete or coordinate proof of principle process development.
- Create process specifications, request for quotations, factory acceptance plans, validation plans, and other relevant documentation to support product introductions via new or existing equipment.
- Foster and manage supplier relationships in the procurement of equipment (i.e. identification, assessment, selection, and qualifications).
- Complete or coordinate process development, characterization, and testing through the use of DOEs and relevant analysis techniques.
- Complete or coordinate with plant associates, equipment and processes qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ) and support the manufacturing process transfer.
- Support capacity modelling and planning activities.
- Minimum 3 years of project/program management experience ideally within regulated environment
- Minimum 6 years of relevant engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline
- Project Management training / qualifications, PMP preferred
- Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Experience with project management tools and skills; with knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development, commercialization, and manufacturing processes.
- Serve as a change agent with passion, high-energy, and a results oriented creative and analytical mind with the ability to manage critical situations.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product design, product function, product materials, physical testing and requirements related to medical device design controls.
- Experience with automated production equipment, DOE techniques, and statistical analysis tools
- Manufacturing process development experience; demonstrated understanding of DFM principles, DOE techniques and statistical analysis tool.
For further information on this PM role in Mayo please contact Anne-Marie 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval