|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Job ID: JOB-11776
Our client is recruiting for a Project Manager to join their New Product Development team on a fixed-term contract in Galway. This role is commutable from Clare and Mayo. The PM will be responsible for the prioritization of key initiatives and provide a clear understanding to manage and deliver results; monitor project plan execution and ensures that key milestones and metrics are developed and met. And to be sure to leverage best practices and may be involved in standardizing best practices to improve overall effectiveness in managing projects.
- Supports the organization in the delivery of quality projects that meet expectations and are completed on time and on budget; Demonstrates effective change leadership.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and other
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Creates an entrepreneurial environment.
- Provides general direction to managers, exempt specialists and non-exempt support in various areas, groups and/or operations.
- Keeps the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Coordinates across functional areas, business units, and/or geographies in order to achieve company or area goals.
- Utilizes technical/professional knowledge and skills to establish, interpret and execute company policies in a major segment of the company.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, EEO regulations, etc.).
- Makes and executes operational decisions with a strategic perspective.
- Directs and controls the activities, resourcing and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups and/or operations.
- Enable the prioritization of key initiatives and provide clear understanding of our capacity to manage and deliver results; Monitors project plan execution and ensures that key milestones and metrics are developed and met
- Leverages best practices and may be involved in standardizing best practices to improve overall effectiveness in managing projects.
The candidate may be required to travel regularly to other sites
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders
- Must be strong in people management and team building
- Must be proficient with MS projects.
Education, Qualifications and Skills Required:
- HETAC level 8 in Engineering: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters in Project Management would be preferred.
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Experience with development of medical devices a plus.
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12032 Controls Engineer Overview Our client an automation company are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12014 Chemical Engineer Company Overview: Our client has been pioneering and leading the photochromic industry for…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12030 Basic Summary: This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within our…