Job ID: JOB-11574
Our client, a leading MNC is recruiting for a Project Manager for their site in Galway. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare. The Project Managers prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers business change results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. It is also to support a (multi-release) Programme by working with the business, peers in the business change team and representatives from the programme team to plan and track all activities and deliverables related to business readiness, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and cutover.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directly create, or support the creation of, as well as maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle to ensure performance monitoring and alignment with corporate strategy and business objectives. Lead and motivate the business project team while ensuring that established programme procedures are adhered to. Manage the production of the required project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary. Establish and manage the project controls – monitoring and reporting.
- Advise the Project/Programme Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Manage and facilitate business activities within a global programme to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Support the programme business team in defining the UAT (User Acceptance Testing) planning and coordination, business readiness and cutover approaches.
- Create detailed plan for UAT phases of programme including coordination of activities during testing phase.
- Create detailed plan for all business readiness activities required for cutover and develop the processes and metrics to review business readiness periodically (readiness assessments). Business readiness plans include business readiness activities, timelines, business resource requirements, and risk assessments.
- Support the programme business team in defining the cutover and implementation approach.
- Create detailed business cutover planning for technical go live for each region and impacted function(s).
- Together with the business programme team, define processes, procedures and team structures that will support the cutover effort from a business perspective.
- Define and communicate business resource requirements for cutover activities (in conjunction with the business readiness planning).
- Minimum of five years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities. Experience in medical diagnostic industry preferred.
- Experience in ERP systems and projects required. Focusing on business readiness and implementation, UAT, including tracking of deliverables and management of risks and issue with prior experience in planning testing and cutover in large scale transformation programmes.
- Accredited Project Manager Qualification (PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency on multiple software applications (MS Word, MS Power Point, MS EXCEL and Microsoft Project).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the hosting of virtual conference meetings (conference calls, virtual rooms (e.g. WEBEX)).
- Proven abilities in creativity and innovation
- Influencing: Able to influence others within the business line organization to complete the required activities.
- A track record of managing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams. Experience of working with international stakeholders is essential. Planning, problem solving, negotiations and facilitation should be core competencies.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary to integrate several departments toward programme objectives.
- Demonstrated administrative, written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Developing an environment of effective teamwork, trust and communication is essential
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams using multiple communication channels.
- Self-motivated culture with high standards of detailed output required from the team.
- When required – be reactive and flexible to current issues while driving the long-term resolution within the business.
- Fact based approach to decisions.
- Open and engaging in nature.
Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…