Telephone: 087 2197421
Project Manager I
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
Responsibilities and Duties
Prepare the following management documents, in conjunction with Project Assurance, and agree them with the Project Board:
- Project Initiation Document which include the Business Case, Project Risk & Issues Log, Project Plan (Ms Project) and Communication Plan.
- Highlight Reports - Monthly
- Exception Report – Responsively to issues
- Milestone Reports – As a stage is reached or project output achieved
- Business Readiness Assessment – Before implementation of a Project Output
- Project End Report
- Business Case
- Project Risk & Issues Log
- Project Plan
- Communications Plan
- Liaise with programme management to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers.
- Lead and motivate the project team.
- Ensure the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Manage the production of the required Project Outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures – risk management, communication, issues and change control.
- Establish and manage the project controls – monitoring and reporting
- Authorise work stream stages in the project
- Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Unless appointed to another person perform the work stream lead role.
- The job holder should have a track record of managing projects, this is not necessarily in a full time Project Manager role.
- Qualification in Prince2, PMP (Project Management Professional) or similar certification is desired but not essential.
- Manufacturing or global experience is desirable, medical device or pharmaceutical industries is attractive.
- The job holder must be a team player with effective communication / listening skills.
- It is essential to be determined with a ‘can do’ attitude to adversity and problem solving.
- The job holder should be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates.
- The job holder will be able to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner.
- The job holder should have good Microsoft Office skills including Excel (Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs), PowerPoint and MS Project
- The job holder will have good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Global Operations Site Leaders
- Global Procurement Leadership
- Global Quality Group
- Global Information Services PMO
- LEAN Management Team
- Third Party Service Providers
For further information on this Project Manager I role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / annemarie@hero
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval