Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site.
- The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project deliver business change results within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
- The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case and by the Project/Programme Board.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and facilitate AIL projects and programmes as they deliver change to the organisation at a global and local level to ensure change is controlled, aligned with corporate strategy and delivered within the time, cost and quality parameters set out in the business case.
- Ensure project team compliance with applicable company guidelines and documentation requirements.
- Maintain project management methodology documentation and training resources
- Train, coach and mentor the project actors in methodologies throughout the project lifecycle
- Complete quality reviews, risk reviews and independent project health checks
- Directly create, or support the creation of, as well as maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle to ensure performance monitoring and alignment with corporate strategy and business objectives:
- Project Initiation Document which include the: Business Case, Project Risk & Issues Log, Project Plan (Ms Project), Communication Strategy with Plan, Project End Report
- Liaise with AIL and global Leadership teams to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers.
- Lead and motivate the project team.
- Ensure the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Manage the information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
- Manage the production of the required project outputs, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures – risk management, communication, issues and change control.
- Establish and manage the project controls – monitoring and reporting
- Authorise work stream stages in the project
- Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
- Unless appointed to another person perform the work stream lead role.
- Activity engage in process improvement activities within the Project Management Office:
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Provide training to required project participants in the methodology
- Support/mentor more other project managers of a more junior level
- Accredited Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in projects is preferred (PRINCE2 preferred)
- A track record of managing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams.
- Experience of working with international stakeholders is essential
- Planning, problem solving, negotiations and facilitation should be core competencies
- Proven proficiency with project management methodologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary to integrate several departments toward company objectives.
- Demonstrated administrative, written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Competent in the use of Ms Project, Ms Excel and other MS programs essential
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal across cultures)
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- People management skills
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Developing an environment of effective team work, trust and communication is essential
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams using multiple communication channels.
Environment / Culture
- Self-motivated culture with high standards of detailed output required from the team.
- When required – be reactive and flexible to current issues while driving the long term resolution within the business.
- Fact based approach to decisions.
- Open and engaging in nature.
- Minimum of five years of project management experience in a position requiring intra-company, and inter-company, planning and coordination of multiple priorities. This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in a medical diagnostic, clinical study, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic industry preferred.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency on multiple software applications (MS Word, MS Power Point, MS EXCEL and Microsoft Project).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the hosting of virtual conference meetings (conference calls, virtual rooms (e.g. WEBEX)).
- Proven abilities in creativity and innovation
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
- In order to interact with sites on different time zones occasional out of hours working required
For further information on this Project Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval