Our client, a global leading in medical device manufacturing is recruiting a PM. The PM will be responsible for managing multiple specialized technology functions and / or technical staff members. And devoting a significant portion of time to managerial, leadership, and staff developmental responsibilities. The Project Manager will lead new product development, post commercialisation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- People Management: Manages large (often multi-project, multi-site) cross-functional development teams; leads teams effectively; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; identifies, communicates, and manages moderate to high levels of technical risk.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops and implements project plan; builds team ownership and commitment to project plan; mentors and/or coaches other functional and project managers.
- Process Management: Implements TDP/PDP; leads team to complete activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, creates Scaling Plan and Design History File for the project. Identifies process improvements affecting multiple projects.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and the PIB; leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications. Communicates and influences resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees. Business experience demonstrated through business knowledge, leadership skills and product / process development capabilities. Working knowledge in regulated medical device / pharmaceutical industry an advantage.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Education, Experience and Skills
- Min. HETAC level 8 in Engineering: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters in Project Management would be preferred.
- 6+ years of project management experience in leading large or multiple project with experience with development of medical devices a plus.
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders, including providing regular updates to executive leadership
- Must be strong in people management and team building and proficient with MS Project.
- Experience in setting up and leading strategic “one-off” projects is desired, but not essential
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.