Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for their site on a contract basis.
Materials Project Leader – Additive Manufacturing
Project Lead role in the Materials & Surface Technology group leading Additive Manufacturing product introduction. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for leading strategic Additive Manufacturing related projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development and deployment of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to lead the introduction of Additive Manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials & Surface Technology.
- Lead the introduction of Additive Manufactured Products from Front End Design through to Manufacturing on behalf of Materials & Surface Technology Group
- Project management responsibility for Additive Manufactured product introduction projects
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Implement design for manufacturability in new Additive Manufacturing processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- Ph.D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
For further information on this Materials Project Manager Contract role in Cork please contact Anne-Marie Fox 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval