Job ID: JOB-12706
Project Manager. Product Design and Design transfer to manufacture.
Shannon Based Gentian Services Ltd is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage customer facing medical device design and transfer to manufacturing projects. The role is part of Gentian’s customer facing R&D and NPI team which develops wearable and invasive electronics-based devices for the medical device and health sectors. The project managers role is to coordinative the activities of cross functional project teams to deliver customer facing product design and design transfer to manufacturing projects. The projects include both commercially delivered projects as well as collaborative DTIF(disruptive technology Innovation Fund)industry and third level partnership projects.
Specific duties will be:
- Be the prime customer point of contact during the project Lifecycle.
- Preparing Project Management Plans incorporating Scope, Schedule, Cost, Risk, Resources etc by using project management methodologies and by working with appropriate functions to understand effort needed
- Directing project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicating project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolving project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing with key project contacts both on-site and off-site.
- Work with and give guidance to cross functional teams such as industrial design, Mechanical design, electronic and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules.
- Present Ideas to both internal team and external customers.
- Work on more than one project at a time.
- Work with other Project managers within the company to build on established processes and to embed an overall culture of good Project Management practices and customer satisfaction within the organisation.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Minimum Level 8 degree or higher in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience with 2 years in a project coordination role.
- Background in medical devices.
- Strong Knowledge of Project management tools and techniques.
- Experience of ISO 13485 and FDA regulatory environment.
- Experience in key phases of Medical device design and design transfer to manufacturing.
- Good communication and leadership skills essential.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate creative thinking.
- Detail orientated.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Knowledge of international standards / regulations is desired but not essential.
- To be versatile in your day-to-day activities by providing cross-departmental support when necessary.
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…