Job ID: JOB-13448
- 12+ month Contract
To ensure the plant meets its customer service, financial, inventory management, quality and safety goals through the effective management of critical Change Projects and Strategic Programs.
This position leads projects impacting the ADD Sligo Site. These include capital projects , supply chain improvements or other key site projects.
Environmental Health &Safety:
To ensure Environmental Health and Safety standards are met and all EHS regulations and procedures are adhered to. Foster an awareness of Environmental Health & Safety in the plant and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
The position reports to the Capital Projects Manager or Strategic Projects/Programme Manager.
Supervisory/ Management Responsibility:
The position has no direct people management responsibility.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the smooth completion of site projects or project transfers from other client sites into the Sligo site.
- Work collaboratively with Sligo functional groups, CFTs and other site Project Managers to develop Project Plans.
- Establish Timeline and required Project Management Tool for Projects by leading the team in compiling the input for required deliverables.
- Manage execution of Project Plan timeline and plan to ensure all elements of Project Plan are completed by Cross–Functional team.
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are met for the projects.
- Update of timeline as required and communicate project status/ progress to management.
- Evaluate impact of project changes and adjust implementation activities as required with required contingency plans implemented and executed.
- Identify and communicate any project related issues to Site Management and or Division Management as appropriate and develop contingencies.
- Present and obtain approval for various reviews as defined during project timeline.
- Support all other project assignments, as defined and assigned by site management.
- Ensure the Project documentation is in compliance with the quality requirements.
- Ensure that the plant meets the quality requirements of its customers, internal quality systems, internal & external auditors and other external agencies.
- Liase with and seek appropriate advice from and report when necessary to colleagues in other ADD sites.
- Ensure all employees, including those not under his/her direct supervision, comply with all company rules and regulations.
- Complete all activities in a safe manner ensuring that any potential safety issues and areas for improvement are addressed. Recommend / Implement improvements to EHS and foster continuous improvement to develop a safety culture.
- Ensure Environmental procedures eg recycling, waste minimization are adhered to and improvements made where possible.
- Optimise the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork
Provides leadership and direction to project teams to meet established timelines and site goals and objectives. Independently manages external facing complex projects.
- Close contact with personnel at all levels up to Director level
- Ability to manage cross functional teams in a matrix organisation
- Ability to interact effectively and collegiately with Abbott personnel at other Operations sites and within Division support functions.
- Contact with suppliers and third party vendors
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work in a globally oriented work environment
- Ability to influence and motivate others
A Third level qualification in Science/Engineering/or Quality together with Manufacturing / Business experience. This will provide the basic understanding of principles of manufacturing healthcare products and the skills required to troubleshoot project issues that may arise .
- Experience in areas such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality and/or Business Excellence.
- History of successful project delivery in at least one area of the business.
- Working within a highly regulated manufacturing environment with project management skills as this provides a good foundation for this job function.
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with necessary knowledge of diagnostics technical, manufacturing and/or supply activities.
Receives infrequent direction and provides work directions for other project personnel. Identifies, understands and resolves problems and operational issues. Uses lessons learned to anticipate and avoid reoccurrences. Utilizes appropriate project management tools.
Individual projects vary in complexity and dollar impact but the incumbent is expected to control key projects with significant impact on the overall Site Strategy and performance. Has a high degree of freedom to achieve these objectives.
Scope of Authority:
Decision making within confines of agreed performance goals. Activities broadly defined by agreed impact goals. Regular departmental meetings and one-on-one meetings with the area manager. Periodic goal reviews, annual performance and career development reviews.
For further information on this role in please contact on Emma Griffin on 083 0657359 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
|mobile||+353 86 033 43 25|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Manufacturing Engineer II
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13512 Manufacturing Engineer Location: Cork Permanent Are you an engineer with a passion for working with…
Junior CSV Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13511 Junior CSV Engineer We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior CSV Engineer. This individual…
Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13482 Senior Quality Systems Engineer We are speaking with experienced Quality Systems Engineer about the exciting…