|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Project Process Controls Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12747
Project Process Controls Engineer
24 Month contract
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Project Process Controls Engineer job opportunity located in Mayo is one of those stand out positions that don’t come along every day. Let us tell you more….
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and provide automation (hard- & software) support for new and existing processes/equipment. The position will report into a Global Engineering Manager. This role provides an excellent opportunity for an automation professional to gain further project experience within a highly automated and high volume regulated/medical device production process
- Project Support, Project Planning & Tracking
- The position will be responsible for developing, tracking & communicating project plans for all control tasks for assigned equipment projects. This will involve working in a multi-facetted team, providing controls knowledge/expertise during equipment design, build, qualification and production start-up.
- Work within the wider engineering group to develop concepts and specifications for equipment from User Requirement Specifications.
- Develop and Debug machine control programs including PLC/HMI/Robotics/Motion Control/Vision/etc
- Involvement in research, development, and implementation of new control technologies
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of the build and debug of equipment.
- Responsibility for design, commissioning, and safety of controls systems.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff to help them realize designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards.
- Familiar with configuring, commissioning, and debugging common machine networks and drive systems.
- Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
- Must be keenly interested in engineering technology and remain knowledgeable about the cutting edge of automation technology.
- Excellent communication skills are vital to communicating effectively on the job specification, technical direction, and issues daily.
- Must be a self-starter with good attention to detail, willing to take ownership and responsibility to realize project milestones and timelines. Equipment Qualification
- Support qualification of new production equipment / processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of controls activities as outlined in project lifecycle process.
- Safety/Risk Assessments Position will be responsible for safety compliance and integrity of control hardware/software and participate in the development of risk assessment/pFMEA and their timely closeout.
- Process Support: The position will provide technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems.
- This work will involve troubleshooting problems encountered in the debug, qualification and initial start-up of production on the equipment, implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution to value stream technical support staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective control system maintenance, completing all associated paperwork including software change control and software records to ensure high levels of up-time.
- This position will involve out of hours support when necessary and occasional travel to vendor and other company sites
- Ability to read / generate electrical drawings
- Knowledge of pneumatic control systems
- Have good knowledge and understanding of machine safety requirements
- Imaginative and creative approach to technical problem solving
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team as necessary
- Strong attention to detail & Excellent communication skills
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering preferably in Electrical, Electronic, Controls, Programming
- 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in batch type process, preferably in the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical industry
- Over 2 years Project/Process Engineering experience
- PLC machine control & Operator Interface
- Electrical controls – maintenance & design
- 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/ panel design
- Project Management / FMEA
- Vision Systems, Servo Systems and Robotics
- ELAU, B&R Rockwell PLC experience
- Industrial Networks (Profibus etc)
- Experience in clean-room manufacturing
- New Product Introduction
- Commissioning & Debug of highly automated equipment
- Process background desirable with healthcare, chemical or plastics experience; or alternatively within another regulated industry.
For further information on this role please contact Elaine Ferguson on Connect@hero.ie or 087-4108620
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…