Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Project Process Engineer for their site on a fixed term contract.
This position will be based in Mayo and report to Assistant Engineering Manager, Global Engineering. In this role the candidate will be part of a new equipment and process development team and work closely with New Product Commercialization team. The role will focus on developing and delivering new manual / automated processes and equipment sets and the execution of various other engineering projects. This is a 24 month contract position.
The successful candidate will be a technical contributor to cross functional development teams and will manage the development and delivery of production equipment and processes. The key responsibility of the project / process engineers will be to lead the definition and delivery of the optimal manufacturing approach for new and existing products. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of product supply from design right through to equipment validations and product commercialisation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the Engineering activities within assigned projects to deliver optimal manufacturing approach for both new and existing products.
- Detailed review and revision of proposed design(s) with new product development team to meet design objectives
- Collaborate in new product / process design to ensure ease of manufacturability is an integral part of the product / process design.
- Lead manufacturing strategy selection with reference to process robustness, speed to market and product cost
- Analysis of manufacturing cost and development of plan to achieve targeted gross margin
- Development of User Requirements Specification for all required manufacturing equipment
- Development and management of project schedules for manufacturing commercialization of selected product concept
- Development of capital expenditure plans for manufacturing equipment
- Engagement of other Operations functions in critical decisions and developments
- Planning and execution of equipment validations
- Communication and review of key decisions with Value Stream Management
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
- Required experience:
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ post qualification experience in manufacturing environment, to include experience with development of (semi-) automated production equipment and processes.
- Proven track record in production equipment development and execution preferably within a regulated environment
Preferred specialized skills/technical knowledge:
- FMEA, PFMEA
- Track record leading machine and process design projects
- Familiarity with DOE, validation, and statistical analysis tools
- Project Management training / qualification
For further information on this Process Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval