Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Mayo is recruiting for a Project Process Engineer. The primary purpose of this position is to contribute to the profitability, continuity and growth of the company, by assisting in the continued development and support of the manufacturing processes.
The main focus of this position will be to work, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager and Senior Project Controls Engineer in the area of design, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance of the electrical & control systems of both new & existing equipment in the plant.
- This role provides an excellent opportunity for a developing professional to gain further project experience within a highly automated and high volume regulated/medical device production process
- The position will provide specialized technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems.
- This work will involve troubleshooting problems encountered in the daily operation of the equipment, implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution to value stream technical support staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective control system maintenance, completing all associated paperwork including software change control and software records to ensure high levels of up-time.
- This position will involve out of hours support when necessary.
- Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing, tracking & communicating project plans for all control tasks.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of control hardware/software, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical / Electronic / Controls / Programming
- PLC machine control & Operator Interface
- Electrical controls – maintenance & design
- 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/ panel design
- Project Management / FMEA
- Vision Systems, Servo Systems and Robotics
- ELAU, B&R Rockwell PLC experience
- Industrial Networks (Profibus etc.)
- Experience in clean-room manufacturing New Product Introduction
- 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in batch type process, preferably in the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical industry.
- Commissioning & Debug of highly automated equipment
- Over 2 years Project/Process Engineering experience.
- Process background desirable with healthcare, chemical or plastics experience; or alternatively within another regulated industry.
For further information on this Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 0863073779 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.