Project Process Engineer in Mayo
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Project Process Engineer for their site in Mayo on a contract basis.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead and support the implementation of specific technologies associated with both the expansion of manufacturing capacity and new product introduction. It will involve identifying and implementing ongoing process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
The successful candidate will coordinate the project engineering activities associated with the further development of new and existing manufacturing capacity. The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing and implementing higher output systems. The role will include leading project engineers, overseeing process development and providing project guidance liaising with technology partners to effectively carry out the requirements of the role.
Responsibilities of the Project Process Engineer include:
- New Process Implementation: Timely implementation of new manufacturing processes Projects will include Capacity, New Products, and Cost Reduction, and will involve highly automated production equipment. Scope would include: User Requirements (URS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Capital Approval, conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
- Project Planning & Tracking: responsible for developing, tracking and communicating project plans, and responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
- New Process Concept Development: responsible for overseeing development of concept for fully automated manufacturing systems, working with a technology partner, completing proof of principle by prototyping key bottleneck areas, and developing a high level concept that meets customer requirements.
- Process Improvements: Responsible for identifying and implementing process & product improvements in the area.
- New Product introduction: support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades including development of product costs (COGS)
- Process Qualification: support qualification of new products / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
Qualifications required of the Project Process Engineer:
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Plastics or Electrical/Controls
- Engineering and a Project Management Training/Qualification is essential (Masters in Project Management or Manufacturing Systems or equivalent desirable).
- Leadership, Team Work, Project Management, Process Development and Commercial Awareness is essential.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval