Project Process Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11649
Project Process Engineer
Our client a leading medical device company in Ballina, are seeking to recruit a Project Process Engineer. The role of the Project Engineer is to work alongside other Project Engineers in the Ostomy Engineering department, to assist and lead projects which support the key initiatives of the Global Engineering team that further develop new and existing manufacturing capacity. Projects will include, but not limited to Validation of New Processes, Materials, Product Transfers, New Equipment and New Product Introduction . The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing & implementing higher output systems. The successful candidate will be based in Ballina, and will serve Manufacturing Operations as primary customer. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain(SCM) & Sustaining Engineering (SE) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Represent Ost Eng BA as a Core or Extended Team Member of key technical projects, in support of GE objectives.
- Lead projects through full project life cycle including: Inception, Project Planning, Charter, Change Control Initiation, Execution and Implementation and Change Control closure to support Ost Eng objectives.
- Provide technical support in Hollister specific manufacturing technologies to Operations Group, as required.
- Liaise closely with Quality Assurance, Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Departments to ensure efficient execution of projects.
- Provide regular update, both verbal and written on project status to key stakeholders.
- Mechanical Design: Planning and specifying mechanical machine elements and machines for product manufacture, together with the upgrading or modification of existing or new processes.
- Equipment modification: Designing and implementing cost-effective methods, to help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Corporate & Vendor Liaison: Working with external suppliers in design and development of new production equipment and processes.
- Utilising the Hollister Production System (HPS) elements to aid Continuous Improvement in the Ballina Ostomy value streams.
- Problem Solving: Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers – as part of day to day support of the value stream.
- Process/Material/Product Validation: Collaborating with Quality Assurance to write and complete engineering protocols, analyse results, draw conclusions and write reports.
- Lead teams or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques, to support clients’ needs.
- Coordinate project activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet project deliverables.
- Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other (technical) expertise.
- Frequently demonstrate highly technical and professional competencies on medium to high profile project
- Use systematic techniques to break technical projects into fundamental task requirements.
- Obtain (negotiate for) resources as needed, communicate direction to team members, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate problems and develop solutions before they become critical, and use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
- Develop process concepts and alternatives and prepare formal written justifications for financial authorization.
- Lead or coordinate the design and testing of prototype processes for proof of concept work.
- Create process specifications, request for quotations, factory acceptance plans, validation plans, and other relevant documentation to support process introductions.
- Foster and manage vendor partner relationships to support process introductions.
- Understand accounting principles, capital and expense planning, cost centre reporting, and other tools to understand project and departmental performance.
- Use sound business principles to evaluate alternatives and provide technical direction.
- Primary Degree in Engineering
- Project Management experience and / or formal training.
- Understanding of PLC , Robotics, Vision, Pneumatics and Electrical circuits.
- Lean manufacturing principles (SMED and DMAIC techniques).
- 2/3D CAD skills.
- Structured problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- Machine Design Experience
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Plastic Welding Heat Seal Technology
- Plastic Part assembly
- Servo Control systems
- ASQ Green/Black Belt Certification
Length of Service
- 3+ years post qualification experience in general project engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ air-motive industry preferred)
- 1yrs+ Project Management experience.
For further information on this role please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…