Job ID: JOB-13122
MEICA Project/Site Manager
An exciting opportunity in Kilkenny for a MEICA Site Agent / Project Manager. You will be required to manage all day-to-day aspects of project and/or programme delivery including timely delivery of the project on budget and in line with best practice Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working with a Main Contractor in the design, construction and commissioning (including process proving) of water and wastewater projects. The Project Manager will also be responsible in co-ordinating a robust design to meet customers’ requirements and standards within a specified budget.
The main duties and responsibilities of the MEICA Site Agent / Project Manager are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of one or more projects at any one time, leading staff as a “one team” culture.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Instil a positive Health and Safety culture within the team in their thinking and actions.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and cooperate closely with agencies such as the IFI, NPWS, HSA, EPA, OPW, etc.
- Facilitate the co-ordination role of the PSDP for live projects with internal and external designers.
- Represent the company as PSCS on live sites within your remit and co-ordinate all required documentation to be present on-site and up to date.
- Conduct regular Health and Safety inspections on live sites and facilitate customers in conducting Health and Safety audits/inspections.
- Co-ordinate all testing and quality check procedures including factory acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), inspection and test plans (ITPs), pipe pressure testing, hydrostatic tank testing and commissioning of the works.
- Ensure best practice programme management techniques are used such as Lean Construction and Last Planner.
- Prepare contract programme taking input from all disciplines and carefully planning the project to meet all interim milestones. Track, monitor and adjust this programme throughout the project lifecycle.
- Mitigate risks to the programme by changing methods of construction, design or advancing a task at a different stage in the project.
- Manage Project Delivery team, delegate work activities and provide support, training and assistance as required to Project Engineers and Graduate Engineers.
- Manage suppliers and sub-contractor packages such that they meet deliverables of the programme and resource projects as required in order to meet programme milestones.
- Manage cashflow on projects and ensure interim payment applications are submitted on-time to the customer.
- Facilitate and explore value engineering opportunities with the customer as they arise.
- Anticipate risk and manage opportunities.
- Prepare monthly reports on the commercial activity of each project under your remit identifying income, costs, work in progress and accruals.
- Provide assistance, oversight and guidance from time to time on tendering opportunities.
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of collaboration and co-operation.
- Provide single point of contact to the customer as the Contractors Representative for projects and instil confidence to the customer in your actions and ability to deliver projects for them successfully.
- Respond to and address any customer and stakeholder complaints in a timely manner. Obtain customer satisfaction surveys and provide any feedback on how to improve our customer satisfaction.
- Seek to improve the project delivery process by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Provide input to business functions and operations in shaping and implementing efficiencies and improvements.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Educations and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction)
- Regulations 2013. Holder of a certificate in Managing Safely for Construction Managers preferable.
- Experienced in the design, construction, commissioning and process proving of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) systems.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers as Hydro International representative on programme, budget, H&S, environmental and quality issues.
- Minimum of a Level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant Engineering Qualification.
- Chartered Engineer and active member of the Institute of Engineers Ireland (IEI) preferable.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary construction teams in a pressurised environment during project delivery.
- Ability to engage with the customer as well as suppliers and sub-contractors in financial negotiations and final account agreements.
- Good working knowledge of programme management software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6. Ability to prepare baseline programmes and programme updates.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
For further information on this role in Kilkenny please contact Gavin Moran 087 410 8620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
|mobile||+353 21 242 7099|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Global Lean Leader – Senior Manager
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13520 Global Lean Leader – Senior Manager Global role with 30% travel and can be based…
Associate Quality Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13519 We are looking to speak with experience Quality Engineers about this great new job opportunity…
Process Development Engineer III
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13510 The Process Development Engineer III based in Limerick focuses on developing processes for manufacturing device…